Should I bitch at ODOT?

Tonik

Nearby where I live, they were repaving a road I frequently ride. It was in the gravel stage and there was no warning sign for loose gravel, nothing. I think I have the video of it saved off. I was riding 2 up at the time as well. I went from road to gravel at about 50mph. Thankfully I was able to slowly decelerate and turn around. If I went down, I would've considered a lawsuit. Many road contractors do *not* consider motorcyclists at all. It should be a stringent requirement. 

• Upvote 1

I've worked with ODOT and been involved in litigation with them. Like most goverment agencies they do not give a shit about anything but their budget. They will tell you what you want to hear so you leave them alone.

• Upvote 1

I work for a contractor.   We work within  the ODOT & FHWA bureaucratic restraints.  The bureaucrats care way more about Indiana Bats, Fish spawning season on a small portion of a stream, or silt than they do for motorcyclist safety.  Sad,  but true.   Motorcyclists need to watch out for their own safety,  nobody else is. 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, hotleadsingerguy said:

I'd reach out, yes. I had the same issue when they were re-doing parts of 90 awhile back. It's obnoxious, and it usually means I have to make a hard jump from far-end to far-end of the lanes to cross the barrier quickly.

Holy crap, he lives!