Should I bitch at ODOT?

Tonik

So here is the deal, they are repaving 77 in both directions near the turnpike.  I run one exit on the turnpike from the east and get off at 77 and head north on 77 when coming home from work.  They are doing the grind then re-blacktop procedure at night.  They started with the left lane and of course there is the usual 2 or 3 inch uneven pavement where the new pavement is higher than what I am on as I am merging as I am merging from the right. Then they did the middle lane, and closed the right lane.

Which means I have no choice but to hop up that three inch difference. It is bad, what I am actually doing is blowing the barrels on the right and stopping on the shoulder just past the merge point and waiting for traffic to clear so I can hit the jump more head on.

And now, they got the left two done on the northbound side and they have stopped on the northbound side leaving it like that and are doing the same thing to the south bound side.

I really want to contact them with the following suggestions as this is just piss poor planning and execution.

1) Why are you doing this left lane to right. Starting on the right makes way more sense.

2) Why in the hell did you stop on the northbound side to do the same on the southbound side leaving this dangerous situation in place far longer than needs to be.

Am I wrong to contact them, or should I?

Edited by Tonik

23 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Does odot do it or do they sub it out? I've been slammed around on some freshly crapily done ramps with bumps and divots.

Don't matter. ODOT owns the project.

• Upvote 1

It's a contractor.  ODOT doesn't self perform paving operations.  The maintenance of traffic plans are often designed by the project's designer (outside engineering consultant).  The contractor may have designed the MOT.  If so, they designed the MOT to maximize their efficiency on the project.   ODOT has a website that will let you download the project plans and find out who the contractor is.

13 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Good luck, they've already fucked this project up twice now and ODOT doesn't give a shit

Yup, they thought it would be good to close one lane on a two lane bridge on a main artery around the city of Cleveland for 5 months. I'd rather them built a new bridge, getting to work is awful now. :lol:

I'm thinking of contacting the City Department today regarding where they directed my wife to drive while they are re-paving.....FACK!!!!  That shit is thick and hard too :trollface:

It's all over the damn vehicle!!!!  Freaking pissed!!!

GC1.jpg

GC2.jpg

Edited by Ron505
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, max power said:

Kerosene 

Then wash real good a couple times and wax 

It's just the principle of it in my mind. It's not like she made a decision to drive in the stuff, the workers instructed her there, they should be liable for making it right... I wouldn't want to spend all the elbow grease on that unless I made a dumb decision and caused it myself. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

It's just the principle of it in my mind. It's not like she made a decision to drive in the stuff, the workers instructed her there, they should be liable for making it right... I wouldn't want to spend all the elbow grease on that unless I made a dumb decision and caused it myself. 

Consider it payment for all the other dumb things you have done. I am certain there are plenty.

21 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Consider it payment for all the other dumb things you have done. I am certain there are plenty.

Man... I got arrested out here for my riding habits and got to spend a night in lockup smelling the piss of the weird fucker I was shacked up with... I've paid my dues! Lmao 

ODOT got back to me, totally understood what I was saying and said that accommodations will be required of contractors to better avoid these situations in future MOT's.

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2018 at 4:50 PM, Steve Butters said:

Man... I got arrested out here for my riding habits and got to spend a night in lockup smelling the piss of the weird fucker I was shacked up with... I've paid my dues! Lmao 

Story time!

2 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

They say that shit to everybody 😂

Bet they never said it to you, cuz you never tried. I got ear plugs fixed, now I am working on this. Stay out of my way you grumpy old fuck. Real men got shit to do.