07 DRZ400

JustinNck1

13 hours ago, Casper said:

Only 25hp though... and dirt bike maintenance schedule. 

False news. Some Euro dealer listed the CRF250L hp on the CRF450L. Honda says in the 40s, they won't list hp specs on a dirt bike. 

The DRZ is basically unchanged since early 2000s. The good news is OEM and aftermarket parts are easy to find. The bad news is its heavy and/or underpowered compared to the more premium dual sports. However it is inexpensive and easy to work on. 

Justin you should ride it. There are some great places to ride a dual sport near you. It alot of fun exploring the back roads in that area. That price is barely a down payment on a KTM or CRF450.

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:43 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Trust me. It is VERY tempting...

Do it!

On 6/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, Casper said:

I want it, just can't justify it. 

Do it!

On 6/19/2018 at 3:14 PM, bowdog said:

Hmmm I am a strong maybe on this, been thinking about getting one to ride with the bubbys. Can you PM me a couple more pictures and a cash price?

Do it!!!!!

I’ve had 3 DRZ’s all sumo not DS all of you know that. Most posting here watched me grenade one of them on the Hocking ride. Grenaded another at Mid Ohio. Sold the 3rd.  Good times. 

So I know a bit about them. I wouldn’t get another one. Everyone says bullet proof, I say bullshit. My maintenance is always right on and I exploded 2 of 3. I guess if you grandma it then yea maybe. I rode mine like a sumo, did wheelies and track days. Stuff a SM should handle. 

I switched to the CRF. 

The DRZ pales in comparison. It’s substantially heavier. Considerably down on power. Completely out classed in suspension. Not nearly as durable and less aftermarket support. 

Just my 2 pennies do with it as you will but if you find somewhere that has both a DRZ and CRF and ride both back to back you’ll buy the CRF. 

Every time I see a DRZ I think of you wheelieing (how the fuck is that even spelled??) yours to death on that hocking ride lol 😂... I'd never buy one after that, why the hell else would I ride a dirt bike on the street if I can't fuck around without worrying about it going oil starved and grenading... That's what happened right? Isn't the oil pickup in the front of the pan on those?