Whose is going? (Gap trip)

Howabusa

Something that we never seem to do here is, have a thread with who is going to the rally. So, I am starting one. I will be arriving in Townsend Wednesday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. I will be rooming with Roamr at the Gateway inn.

Edited by 2talltim

46 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

Best of luck to you guys.  I have not been to the gap since 6/09.  Too many cruisers and police.

We don’t really ride the Gap (except for Midget Todd). We ride all the roads around there. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, serpentracer said:

Best of luck to you guys.  I have not been to the gap since 6/09.  Too many cruisers and police.

Sounds to me like the cops are doing a pretty good job of keeping the riff-raff out. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Sounds to me like the cops are doing a pretty good job of keeping the riff-raff out. 

If u mean guys like me then hell yeah haha. But the ambulance guys told me they pick up mostly cruisers from the ditches and they rarely have helmets and have the worst injuries.

I cant remember the route exactly, but a buddy of mine took a group of us down a rd called war woman that ran way down into GA.  That was a great ride.  

Edited by serpentracer

10 hours ago, Casper said:

We don’t really ride the Gap (except for Midget Todd). We ride all the roads around there. 

Right on.  Such a waste of a trip not too.  Maybe next year ill come ruin the party. LOL.  Probabaly end up selling the R1 for a fz10 or put a fz10 top tripple and handle bar on the R1.  Newer sportbikes are getting too agressive seating. I could ride my 03 R6 for 3hrs straight.  Im ready to get off the R1 in 45 mins.

2 hours ago, serpentracer said:

If u mean guys like me then hell yeah haha. But the ambulance guys told me they pick up mostly cruisers from the ditches and they rarely have helmets and have the worst injuries.

I cant remember the route exactly, but a buddy of mine took a group of us down a rd called war woman that ran way down into GA.  That was a great ride.  

The ride down 28 to War Woman and War Woman is my favorite ride. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I got lost when me and my brother tried to find it.  I have not been down to that since 2005.  So i got us about 1/4 of the way.   I also remember a restaurant on a corner down there somewhere that the deck hung over the creek behind it.  What a great place to relax and have a bite.

26 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

I got lost when me and my brother tried to find it.  I have not been down to that since 2005.  So i got us about 1/4 of the way.   I also remember a restaurant on a corner down there somewhere that the deck hung over the creek behind it.  What a great place to relax and have a bite.

Nantahala Outdoor Center restaurant 

• Upvote 1