Jump to content
Howabusa

Whose is going? (Gap trip)

Recommended Posts

Something that we never seem to do here is, have a thread with who is going to the rally. So, I am starting one. I will be arriving in Townsend Wednesday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. I will be rooming with Roamr at the Gateway inn.

Edited by 2talltim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting down Monday. Should be in that neck of the woods Tuesday night and @ Townsend Gateway Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing around on the BRP Monday-Wednesday.

Townsend Wednesday-Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arriving Wednesday with the wife.  Anyone else bringing they wimminz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be in Townsend Tuesday around noon, leaving early Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arriving Thursday with this dysfunctional group: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casper said:

Arriving Thursday with this dysfunctional group: 

 

If there’s Hate and bacon involved Count me in on the Dysfunctional group

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marlboro man said:

If there’s Hate and bacon involved Count me in on the Dysfunctional group

Hate, bacon, and alcohol. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casper said:

Hate, bacon, and alcohol. 

SOLD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Casper said:

Arriving Thursday with this dysfunctional group: 

 

Is this the replacement group for DTC? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Is this the replacement group for DTC? Lol

I tried to convince @Fonzie to bring back DTC. ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that would bring back Duane.  :nono:

Edited by max power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

Best of luck to you guys.  I have not been to the gap since 6/09.  Too many cruisers and police.

We don’t really ride the Gap (except for Midget Todd). We ride all the roads around there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, max power said:

But that would bring back Duane.  :nono:

Is @magley64 gone? Let’s bring him back! He could really liven up the Thanks Trump thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, serpentracer said:

Best of luck to you guys.  I have not been to the gap since 6/09.  Too many cruisers and police.

Sounds to me like the cops are doing a pretty good job of keeping the riff-raff out. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Sounds to me like the cops are doing a pretty good job of keeping the riff-raff out. 

If u mean guys like me then hell yeah haha. But the ambulance guys told me they pick up mostly cruisers from the ditches and they rarely have helmets and have the worst injuries.

I cant remember the route exactly, but a buddy of mine took a group of us down a rd called war woman that ran way down into GA.  That was a great ride.  

Edited by serpentracer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casper said:

We don’t really ride the Gap (except for Midget Todd). We ride all the roads around there. 

Right on.  Such a waste of a trip not too.  Maybe next year ill come ruin the party. LOL.  Probabaly end up selling the R1 for a fz10 or put a fz10 top tripple and handle bar on the R1.  Newer sportbikes are getting too agressive seating. I could ride my 03 R6 for 3hrs straight.  Im ready to get off the R1 in 45 mins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, serpentracer said:

If u mean guys like me then hell yeah haha. But the ambulance guys told me they pick up mostly cruisers from the ditches and they rarely have helmets and have the worst injuries.

I cant remember the route exactly, but a buddy of mine took a group of us down a rd called war woman that ran way down into GA.  That was a great ride.  

The ride down 28 to War Woman and War Woman is my favorite ride. 

  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

The ride down 28 to War Woman and War Woman is my favorite ride. 

Same. I’m excited to see some new roads but I love 28 to Warwoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got lost when me and my brother tried to find it.  I have not been down to that since 2005.  So i got us about 1/4 of the way.   I also remember a restaurant on a corner down there somewhere that the deck hung over the creek behind it.  What a great place to relax and have a bite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

I got lost when me and my brother tried to find it.  I have not been down to that since 2005.  So i got us about 1/4 of the way.   I also remember a restaurant on a corner down there somewhere that the deck hung over the creek behind it.  What a great place to relax and have a bite.

Nantahala Outdoor Center restaurant 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, what said:

Nantahala Outdoor Center restaurant 

I still haven’t been there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Casper said:

I still haven’t been there. 

Me neither. Planning on going this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×