Riding 555 tomorrow

Howabusa

14 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

I'd like to know what the road surface condition is please.  I've threatened to make that run a couple of times but haven't done it yet.

The section between 669 and 78 is in pretty good shape aside from a mile north of 78. Big ass slip. The signs say rough road and they mean it. I rode this about a week ago to check the roads out for the ride @FORD posted up. 

36 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

It’s time. I usually ride 555 from Zanesville to it’s end a few times a year. I haven’t done this yet, this year, going tomorrow.

Make time to hang a left on 669 and take it to the river then turn around and do it again.  That little stretch between 555 and river road is one of my all time favorites. Just watch the blind turns on the first pass. 

I am sitting in Belpre. I just rode the whole 64 miles of 555. The whole thing was pretty dirty with gravel in most of the right hand corners. The pavement is in good shape down to 78, from there to the last 15 miles it is rough and torn up.