Cycle Gear Columbus

jacobhawkins

Cycle Gear opened up a shop in Columbus this weekend and I stopped by today.  Pretty small, by Pony standards, but they had a nice selection of helmets, jackets, leathers, some parts and tools, etc.  (only saw K&N filters :challengeaccepted:) I tried on a set of AlpineStars Missile leathers that fit well and bought some base layer pants and shirt.  I talked with the manager there and they offer discounts for recent "graduates" of the state safety program of 10 or 15% and a better set of pricing for coaches.  Pretty cool.  She seems real interested and able to beat Pony pricing or take back returns from stuff ordered online.  Still probably continue to work with RidersDiscount for a lot of stuff but its good know there is another player in town, I'll be back.

They do host bike nights semi regularly, based on their location, I wonder what that'll be like!  I sense a new meet spot for acceleration testing.  

When I was getting set to leave, a contingent from Columbus Riders showed up, first Pani V4 I'd seen in the wild, an S1000RR, and a couple ZX-10s.

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 7:08 PM, jacobhawkins said:

When I was getting set to leave, a contingent from Columbus Riders showed up, first Pani V4 I'd seen in the wild, an S1000RR, and a couple ZX-10s.

Columbus Riders? 

On 6/6/2018 at 2:53 PM, Casper said:

Columbus Riders? 

It's a facebook group full of mostly squids. I joined for something fun to read while bored at work. There are a couple fast guys on there (including Kerr) but generally just people going on "rides" around 270 or sitting in a parking lot somewhere. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, what said:

They have a lengthy interview process. 

Can I just take a video of doing a wheelie? Will that get me in ok?

On a completely unrelated topic, anyone want to teach me how to do wheelies? ? 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Casper said:

I did some wheelie practice on Memorial Day. 

I found out I could use more practice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Howabusa said:

There is a lot of posting in this group. Some of them do seem like they might be squids. Lol 

“We do everything from mobbing the streets,Hocking rides, drag racing, tours of 270, stunt rides, and so much more!”

Yeah, that’s not a group I plan on hanging out with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2018 at 2:58 PM, Casper said:

Just gotta dump the clutch and send it. 

0A9F0BF7-400C-43B3-B1B7-3533611EF98E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, Howabusa said:

There is a lot of posting in this group. Some of them do seem like they might be squids. Lol 

Please show up to one of their hocking group rides, out pace them for 4 hours with your fjr, and leave without saying a word. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Please show up to one of their hocking group rides, out pace them for 4 hours with your fjr, and leave without saying a word. :lol:

Remove OR stickers first.  Don’t need them showing up here and getting butthurt.