O.R. Beach Getaway trip (feeler only thread)

2talltim

Don't think I'll ever go back to Myrtle, when I can do a Caribbean all-inclusive for less $$.   

Just keep away from the drug cartels and the incessant sales monkeys.

1 hour ago, Qman said:

Don't think I'll ever go back to Myrtle, when I can do a Caribbean all-inclusive for less $$.   

Just keep away from the drug cartels and the incessant sales monkeys.

Lets see here, I don't think I spent $600 for the entire week. And that's food, gas and light shopping for 3 people.  Now with out my time share that might have been $700-$800 more but still way cheaper than any all-inclusive anything, :dunno: 

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Lets see here, I don't think I spent $600 for the entire week. And that's food, gas and light shopping for 3 people.  Now with out my time share that might have been $700-$800 more but still way cheaper than any all-inclusive anything, :dunno: 

We (the wife and I) routinely go to very plush all-inclusives for ~$200 (total, not per person) per night plus air.   Hell, we'd drink $200 per night in MB!  Of course that's just the two of us, but we're gorging on all sorts of spirits, food, entertainment, and Caribbean blue seas....not cold muddy atlantic surf.

Edited by Qman

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I'd be game for anywhere really. Maybe even rent a big ass house in OBX.

We did this a couple years ago for a wedding. Less than 100 a person and the house had 4 floors and sat 1/4 mile from the water. It was a great time. 

Well my time share is out the the question for a group thing next year. Just booked spring break with the family in March. But the whole house thing would be a dandy ideay. If we get enough people.  

12 minutes ago, Qman said:

We (the wife and I) routinely go to very plush all-inclusives for ~$200 (total, not per person) per night plus air.   Hell, we'd drink $200 per night in MB!  Of course that's just the two of us, but we're gorging on all sorts of spirits, food, entertainment, and Caribbean blue seas....not cold muddy atlantic surf.

Note that these ~$100 PP/PN are All-Adult resorts.  Family resorts can be had for much less (per person). 

In MB, If you grocery shop and dont leave the condo, then i guess you are gonna have a fairly low cost stay.