Amazon & Sportbikes4Hire.com

JustinNck1

So, I had to let myself think this over, and calm down before typing. I bought a new windshield for my MT10 from Amazon through Sportbikes4hire as the seller, May 2nd. Received the windshield, and it had a crack in it. No big deal, things happen. I contact Sportbikes4Hire to get a replacement. They ask for pictures, I send several. They said they can't issue a replacement, I have to send it back, get a refund, then order another. Not my favorite option, but ok sure. I send it back with the prepaid label from Amazon. First red flag, why ask for pictures if I have to send it back anyways? Sportbikes4Hire receives the windshield Friday May 11th. UPS tracking confirms it was received. Contacted the seller 3 times and Amazon 3 times, no response from Sportbikes4Hire. Amazon then says they will contact the seller (Tuesday May 15th) and if the seller doesn't reply within 48 hours, they will start an A-Z Guarantee claim. So today, i contact Amazon again and they said it will be another 1-2 weeks and an investigation before I get my money back. I lost it. After losing my cool and cussing the lady on the phone, her manager called Sportbikes4Hire directly and finally they said my refund has been "Approved and I should receive my money shortly. All in All, I shouldn't have to go through this much BS just to process a return. I bought from Sportbikes4Hire because I recognized their name from rentals, but this is not what I would consider acceptable costumer service. I am also not too thrilled with how Amazon handled the issue. I was given $10 on my Amazon account and a free month of prime, which is something I guess. PJ at Sportbikes4Hire just emailed me, claiming they processed the return and the hold up was Amazon. Amazon says they were waiting for Sportbikes4Hire to process the return. It's just a game of pointing fingers at one another. Regardless, I still don't have a windshield, where is a good place to get some Givi windshields?

33 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

So, I had to let myself think this over, and calm down before typing. I bought a new windshield for my MT10 from Amazon through Sportbikes4hire as the seller, May 2nd. Received the windshield, and it had a crack in it. No big deal, things happen. I contact Sportbikes4Hire to get a replacement. They ask for pictures, I send several. They said they can't issue a replacement, I have to send it back, get a refund, then order another. Not my favorite option, but ok sure. I send it back with the prepaid label from Amazon. First red flag, why ask for pictures if I have to send it back anyways? Sportbikes4Hire receives the windshield Friday May 11th. UPS tracking confirms it was received. Contacted the seller 3 times and Amazon 3 times, no response from Sportbikes4Hire. Amazon then says they will contact the seller (Tuesday May 15th) and if the seller doesn't reply within 48 hours, they will start an A-Z Guarantee claim. So today, i contact Amazon again and they said it will be another 1-2 weeks and an investigation before I get my money back. I lost it. After losing my cool and cussing the lady on the phone, her manager called Sportbikes4Hire directly and finally they said my refund has been "Approved and I should receive my money shortly. All in All, I shouldn't have to go through this much BS just to process a return. I bought from Sportbikes4Hire because I recognized their name from rentals, but this is not what I would consider acceptable costumer service. I am also not too thrilled with how Amazon handled the issue. I was given $10 on my Amazon account and a free month of prime, which is something I guess. PJ at Sportbikes4Hire just emailed me, claiming they processed the return and the hold up was Amazon. Amazon says they were waiting for Sportbikes4Hire to process the return. It's just a game of pointing fingers at one another. Regardless, I still don't have a windshield, where is a good place to get some Givi windshields?

PJ is a good dude. I'm sure it was all an honest mistake/miscommunication. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

PJ is a good dude. I'm sure it was all an honest mistake/miscommunication. 

Me and him are in email conversations now. Let's just say it could be going smoother and more professional...

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

You have to be really really careful on Amazon and see who the seller is. If it isn't Amazon themselves I am very careful.

Have you had issues? I never check who the seller is, since Amazon backs their service... I've never had a single problem, maybe I'm just lucky 

10 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Have you had issues? I never check who the seller is, since Amazon backs their service... I've never had a single problem, maybe I'm just lucky 

Once, bad zero loss pump for rear shocks. They wanted me to pay return freight. Shipping was more than it cost. But don't matter, their shit was broke. All costs should be on them.

Man, just do what I do...

Spend 10k a year at Amazon and of course be a Prime member. When I call I get what I want with very very little hassle. I once called and was like I bought something and it's  outside my return window, it sucks and the company has already replaced it once( inside the window). The company is only offering 50% back. Amazon gave me 100%.

And to be clear, I only spent that much because I buy almost everything non-bike related from Amazon.

I've honestly had no real issues with Amazon.  Anytime I've had any sort of issues, they've been quick to fix my issues and always willing to throw something in for my inconvenience and I appreciate that.  I'm a prime member so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got sent the wrong brake pads for my truck before from amazon.  motherfucker seller stuffed some generic bullshit pads inside a raybestos box.  amazon refunded me 100%.  I didn't have to send the shit back.

I was able to show proof via pictures. which they did require me to do.  so yeah, amazon isn't all that great and I probably wont buy much other than a gal of motul once a year.  

Edited by serpentracer