Upgraded software version

Casper

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Okay, I think I have it figured out. We have always had it set to unread content in the past 365 days. I've had to prune this occasionally for folks, but never a huge deal. Seems something changed with the way the site generates the queries. Supposedly this was an improvement, however the query optimizer was choosing a different path for many people causing 30s query times to find very few records. I've changed the default to search only the past 90 days for unread posts. It seems to be blazing fast now. Let me know if you all are still seeing slow load times of the "What's New" tab. 

Still noticeably slower but much better. Less than 10 seconds now. I usually open threads in tabs all at once anyways so nbd. 

BTW, I mark site read all the time, so it shouldn't have very much to search... I clear this shit out daily almost 

*edit... After a few more clicks, it seems to be working like normal now for me (no lag) 

Edited by Steve Butters

• 1 month later...

Unread content button back to clocking for a super long time for me... Anyone else? Sometimes my adhd kicks in and I end up closing the website before I can even read shit because I don't feel like waiting a day and a half for the search to display.... What gives? Happening on phone and desktop for me, just like before 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, Steve Butters said:

Unread content button back to clocking for a super long time for me... Anyone else? Sometimes my adhd kicks in and I end up closing the website before I can even read shit because I don't feel like waiting a day and a half for the search to display.... What gives? Happening on phone and desktop for me, just like before 

Same issue for me as well.

28 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do you two have a lot of unread items? Mark all read, see if it gets better. Looking for clues since you know who is clueless.

No I usually mark all content as read daily. I can't hardly get the unread content to load.

16 minutes ago, Casper said:

@JustinNck1 When you click What's New, does it say it's limiting to 90 days like this? 

It shows 90 days for me like your pic and I am not having the issue, though I did the last time this issue was raised.

I did however read this first then try it. So when I clicked back on the topic to quote you I was at the first page and had to click again to get to the last page. This behavior is contrary to every other message board including this one until the last 'upgrade'.

So as Steve says: Fuck upgrades.

Mine also says 90 days. I get the issue on mobile and desktop both. Every now and then the search runs lightning fast like it should, but 90% of the time I wait 30 seconds or more. I clear content daily, as of right now this was one of three posts that had new content in it for me and it took me a long time to pull up the website. I use the new content button as my favorites link to OR. (While typing this post, I opened a new tab and clicked it and counted - 64 seconds to load the page and only 2 new items)

image.thumb.png.b3ae2de138f8d05e06e1327b4ce114b3.png

I even get the issue when i hit back from an open thread and then it takes me back to the search. I can't open a thread, hit back, and then open another one without waiting a long time. It was resolved for awhile, and even now works occasionally, but its very annoying.

Not sure... After I responded an hour ago i started getting an error that the website is updating. Now that it's done, it appears to be working fast again, though I do get an error about the search index being incomplete. Whatever you just changed might have resolved it, if anything... I never search for stuff so I'm not sure, and testing now won't have a point since it's working at the moment