Upgraded software version

Casper

18 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah weird indeed. Like just loading the main page is a full 30 seconds. Gonna try clearing cache maybe :dunno:

It’s like 2-3 seconds for me on a slow page load. 

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Very slow for me... On multiple devices... Slightly better than yesterday though but not like usual 

Very weird that only a few people are having speed issues. Definitely makes me think it’s something with local cache. Can you try clearing your browser cache? 

7 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Every page loads in a few seconds but just counted and new content button took me 40 seconds to load 

@Casper Fuck Steve, but he is right I can reproduce.

Desktop version, hit the OR logo. Then at the top 'What's new' then ''Unread Content'.

I suspect it is related to a search function, searching for unread.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

@Casper Fuck Steve, but he is right I can reproduce.

Desktop version, hit the OR logo. Then at the top 'What's new' then ''Unread Content'.

I suspect it is related to a search function, searching for unread.

Agreed, on mobile also.

@Casper, @Tonik

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yes, Fuck Steve on mobile too.

@Tonik Dear God Man! I just spit iced tea out of my nose!

Ok now on to site related things. On mobile (Android, Samsung Galaxy tab S3) opening the emoji panel in the editor brings it to a crawl.

5 plus seconds to load or change anything.

Also looks like the custom emoji are missing.

21 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Not having the emoji issue, other than the custom ones are gone.

That’s a new issue. Huh. 

As for new content load times, that’s the page I have bookmarked. Loads in 2-3 seconds every time for me. I’ll be updating the search to use Elasticsearch soon, so that’ll probably help everyone. New content is just a search. 

2 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

If i go through activity, its instant and fast. If I click the unread content, it just sits there for 30 seconds.

That was me hitting the button up top on the menu. 

Okay, I think I have it figured out. We have always had it set to unread content in the past 365 days. I've had to prune this occasionally for folks, but never a huge deal. Seems something changed with the way the site generates the queries. Supposedly this was an improvement, however the query optimizer was choosing a different path for many people causing 30s query times to find very few records. I've changed the default to search only the past 90 days for unread posts. It seems to be blazing fast now. Let me know if you all are still seeing slow load times of the "What's New" tab.