Sold 2 bikes. What next?

Tpoppa

Miatas are absolutely underpowered, but power isn't what makes them fun.  When I was 16, the guy across the street from me had a '93 Mustang GT and a '04 Miata.  He sold the Mustang, and I couldn't understand why.  I understand now.

With that said, turbo'd miata is a pretty common mod...  Adding 2 more seats is harder.

The problem with cars is that most all of them that are fun to drive are a poor value...  That makes acquiring old ones (E36 M3) approachable, but the maintenance on something that old can get expensive really quickly.  I badly want for late 90's and early 2000's Mustangs to be fun and fasISH, but I'm not convinced they would be.  Plus I hate that body style.  I considered them, because the wife likes the angular model.  I prefer the previous gen Cobra, or the subsequent GT

In any case, we're all looping back to M cars...

19 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

That's is the ballpark of what Ive been considering.

...A4/S4, C350, TT, G37, or a bmw 3 series.  I'm not that into cars, and the cost of ownership seems a lot higher than a motorcycle.

I'm partial to the BMW and Infiniti since I have the most seat time in them. G37 will be the cheapest of this list and I absolutely LOVED my G35 but sold it when I got in to motorcycles because it just sat in my garage unused.

Cost of ownership / modding is exponentially higher than a motorcycle. It was one of the reasons I got out of cars and in to motorcycles a decade ago

18 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Riding motorcycles at hyper legal speeds just doesn't seem to be scratching the itch the way it used to

Not sure what to do :dunno:

If you're not a car guy already, I don't think a car is going to do it for you

1 hour ago, jbot said:

Buy a 2008 silver Corvette with a ls3 and 6 speed tranny. Located in Concord.  BMW is Nazis and Japanese cars are basically North Korean. Murrica!

See, I'm not the only one that can't be woo'd by a C6

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I have a line on a smoking deal on a higher mileage (150k) Audi A4 2.0T Quattro.

2 owners, clean carfax, full maintenance history, and I spoke the mechanic that serviced it for the last 70k.  The mileage is higher than I like, but it runs/shifts/drives like new :dunno:

My buddy has one, I was pretty excited when he got it and first time I drove it I was kind of surprised it was less exciting than I expected. Was fun as hell in the snow though

37 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You'll sell that faster than anything you've owned. There's nothing fun about that car. Nothing. Unless you find a ditz girl that only cares about seeing 4 rings of chrome.

I'm with Tim 

19 minutes ago, max power said:

Fuck cars.   Get one of these and go rip up the backroads and trails.  

C2B5124E-1439-40A1-ABDA-D61CAE5DC989.jpeg

I sort of do that now on the cb500x when I can.  But there isn't much off road near Cleveland.

Tony, German cars are overrated & overpriced.  Get yourself one of those Mexican cars with the plaid seats.  You can test drive mine down West River road if you want. Let me know. It doesn't have the status symbol factor of the German cars but it's great fun & easy embarrassing the owners of the upscale German & Japanese cars in it.

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I picked up that A4.  Clean Carfax, 2 owners, full maintenance history.  High mileage, but interior, exterior, mechanically it's 9/10.  I got it from a friend of a friend.  Got it for a a really good price.  Actually bought it with money I had from selling a snowblower, stereo equipment, and a few firearms... didn't even have to touch the VFR or Vrscr $$

imagejpeg_0.jpg

I won't just be a toy.  There will probably be some other drivers, it gets good mileage, and I'll drive it in the winter

An A4 Quattro isn't as fun a an 'M' but it checks the right boxes, and it's still pretty fun.

We're talkin' cars here aren't we. What model year is that Audi?  The A4s are nice.  I had the opportunity to rent one over in Germany & drive it at speed on the Autobahn.

20 minutes ago, jschaf said:

We're talkin' cars here aren't we. What model year is that Audi?  The A4s are nice.  I had the opportunity to rent one over in Germany & drive it at speed on the Autobahn.

It's an 07 2.0t Quattro.  

I have an A4 and a Miata. Both are great cars.  This is my second A4 and second Miata (although the first Miata was my husbands). I autocross the Miata which is a blast. 

Since you are in Ridgeville, check out Ianelli's for service. They are really great and pretty reasonable. Congrats on the Audi. I love mine. 

audi.jpg

miata.jpg

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Mary#17 said:

I have an A4 and a Miata. Both are great cars.  This is my second A4 and second Miata (although the first Miata was my husbands). I autocross the Miata which is a blast. 

Since you are in Ridgeville, check out Ianelli's for service. They are really great and pretty reasonable. Congrats on the Audi. I love mine. 

Ha.  The guy I bought it from works at Ianelli's.  It's one of his personal cars.  It was serviced there with full maintenance records.  I agree, they have a really good reputation.

• Like 1

One of my favorite auto sounds is that of the old Audi Grp. B rally car's running through the Black Forrest of Germany. I miss the 80's when I was stationed in Europe.

Enjoy:D  WRC was for Boy's, Group B was for Men.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Beer 1