Made the down payment on my first new bike ever.

Gixxus Christ!

That Suzuki is a GREAT bike. I spent a lot of time atop that bike during the demo days (state8 & IMS show), when i was working  for Suzuki. Very good power. They basically used the same forks and brakes from the older gixxer, and the engine also. Suzuki seams to have finally sorted there transmissions also. That 1000 seemed to shift very smoothly for me on both occasions AND it had neural lock out (about time Suzuki). 

Its a very nice, "cool to ride" bike. In the mornings i would hop on the gsxr's because it was cool out, Then in the afternoon i was on either the gsx1000f or the sv650 and was nearly 98° that one afternoon. And it was tolerable. I was laughing at the suckers setting on those sport bikes in the middle of Columbus traffic in that heat. 

I rode the z900 & GSX1000F back to back down at Columbus last summer and would have to say its a really tough call. I like how light the clutch is on the z900 and the whole bike is crazy light weight, but i would want the fairings. Perilously, im dragging my feet on a new bike, and hoping maybe Kawi retires the old Ninja 1000, and replaces it with a new Ninja 900 built around that platform. But if i was buying today, I would for sure get that suzuki.

IMG_20170714_094445.jpg

IMG_20170714_151121.jpg

IMG_20170715_145509.jpg

IMG_20170921_143147.jpg

1 hour ago, flashesbuck said:

How does one get that same sticker.... I think one that same color would look good on my Suzuki?

I think @2talltim gave me a big stack of em like 4 years ago. I gave the last of em to a buddy of mine, that's where I got the one on my bike. He may have another blue one. I'll ask. I forget who on here had them made tho. 

5 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I think @2talltim gave me a big stack of em like 4 years ago. I gave the last of em to a buddy of mine, that's where I got the one on my bike. He may have another blue one. I'll ask. I forget who on here had them made tho. 

Is that buddy a member on here?  :trollface:

26 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Nope only ones I have left are shity white ones that don't stick half the time.

13 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Yeah, I actually met him on here but he hasn't logged in for a few years. He was at my meet n greet unlike some people.

Hey, I was doing motorcycle related things, or else I woulda been there!

1 minute ago, Casper said:

That’ll do it. The glue gets nasty and basically useless if left in the heat on that waxy paper backing. 

Used to have a nice stock pile and I'd pass them around when ask. Need to replenish. 

27 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I need a OR sticker or three in yellow

does such a thing exist?

Congrats on the new Zook Sam. Careful out there

I had a few different colors Dan. I won’t be home till late so remind me and I will check for you tomorrow.I had a few different colors Dan. I won’t be home till late so remind me and I will check for you tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, max power said:

We need a re-issue of the original Ohio riders red on black T-shirts. 

@Casper

I was thinking about doing another batch of shirts. Will do it differently this time. Preorder and prepay, order exact amount. Thinking the real soft shirts, dark grey, red ink. 

• Upvote 3

So I'm riding this bike harder as I own it longer and have found some serious faults with the shock.  Tends to wallow and pogo under high loads. Haven't messed with the settings yet tho, all I get is preload and rebound. Looks like a stock zx10r shock will bolt in with zero mods but a lift kit to make up for the difference in free height. Its that or dump a grand+ on something aftermarket. 

And I need to set my sag. If anyone would like to give me a hand with that, I got beers and steak for ya 

36 minutes ago, Tonik said:

@Pauly and @Casper are your best bet for that.

I know how to do it, just need someone to measure with me on the bike. 

@Casper wouldn't make the trip for free beer, food and gay buttsex, why would he drive 2 hours to help me set my sag? @Pauly is a good bet if he's not on the road for work. Been meaning to catch up with him over a burrito or something anyway. Maybe a trip to ravennatucky is in order....

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I know how to do it, just need someone to measure with me on the bike. 

@Casper wouldn't make the trip for free beer, food and gay buttsex, why would he drive 2 hours to help me set my sag? @Pauly is a good bet if he's not on the road for work. Been meaning to catch up with him over a burrito or something anyway. Maybe a trip to ravennatucky is in order....

While you're up here let us know? I owe Pauly a meal anyways.