Made the down payment on my first new bike ever.

Gixxus Christ!

18 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Congrats on the new bike Sam.  If they would have been making those when I bought my Ninja 1000 I probably would have opted for one of those.  Enjoy!------About the fender eliminator,  when it rains you get a wet ass (rain gear before it pours solves that) & dirty bike (wash bike after ride solves that) whether you have a rear fender or not.  IMHO, get the fender eliminator.

Being that I'm an enormous sissy I will probably avoid riding in the rain at all costs. My issue is riding through a puddle from a lawn sprinkler, sump pump or overturned septic tank pump truck and getting the stripe up my back. 

Bring that ninja 1000 up here some time. 

27 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

Congrats man!    I'll be curious how the fueling compares to the previous years.  I'm still debating if I want a PC5 or some kind of flash.

Supposedly they fixed some things. I'll give a report once I finally get it. Its driving me nuts, impatient as I am, that I don't have it yet. 

44 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Supposedly they fixed some things. I'll give a report once I finally get it. Its driving me nuts, impatient as I am, that I don't have it yet. 

Did you have to order it?

17 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Things fly off the rear tire at a right angle to its surface. A hugger would have to extend beyond the centerline of the wheel to keep anything off me. 

17 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Basically they just keep your shock clean ish

I don't know the science or the dynamics of water off a moving surface all i know is I've had a CF hugger on min since day one and it keep the spray and grim off of me and the tail of the bike. I've heard ther guys on C14 say the same thing after they installed their huggers.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Will find out here soon. Can't be as bad as my old tl1000 was, and I got pretty smooth with that one. 

Everyone said the same thing about the FZ09 and that was my exact thought. "Can't be as bad as my SV1000S." 

My friend has a GSXS1000 and loves the thing. It's a nice piece of machinery. 

DSC_0455.JPG

1 hour ago, mango_sv said:

Everyone said the same thing about the FZ09 and that was my exact thought. "Can't be as bad as my SV1000S." 

My friend has a GSXS1000 and loves the thing. It's a nice piece of machinery. 

DSC_0455.JPG

It's pretty hard to find a reviewer that didn't like it. Most all the articles I read were very positive, some absolutely raving. 

• Like 1

So I put 60 miles on her today. Kept it below 6k per break in procedure....mostly....i did take it up around 9k once and wow. The motor in this bike is fantastic. The midrange grunt may rival my old tl1000. Factory suspension is set a bit stiff, I'll probably pull some preload out of it and correct with damping, but I'm not great at up suspensions. Handling is very confidence inspiring, I never realized how top heavy the bandit was till I rode this.  Threw it into some familiar curvy roads and felt very planted. Haven't really laid it over hard yet tho, still getting used to the throttle. It's pretty abrupt coming off idle and at very low openings. Pulls wonderfully from 3500 to 6k tho, just gobs of power. Only complaints are the mirrors and the transmission.  Right mirror may just need turned more away from me so I can angle it better, but I really have to move my head over to see behind me. Trans shifts butter smooth but the ratios are unnecessarily close, especially for the characteristics of the motor. Still overall very happy with my purchase and the thing looks absolutely stunning in the sunlight. Ergos are definitely letting me know my left knee hates life, but it's been like that for a few years now. Will probably ride into work tomorrow morning if the weather permits. 

17 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Trans shifts butter smooth but the ratios are unnecessarily close, especially for the characteristics of the motor. 

I suspect the motor has broad power kind of like the VFR1200.  In the twisties, just pick a gear and leave it there.

• Beer 1

Jealous of your black rearsets. Really should get mine powdercoated.

Also, double check your clutch cable routing over the top of the radiator. Early ones would rub on the top of the rad and get cut. They probably fixed that though.

Edited by blue72beetle