Made the down payment on my first new bike ever.

Gixxus Christ!

4 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Looking like fender eliminator may not be a good idea. Lots of reports of bike and rider getting very dirty without the fender if the roads are wet. Its ugly but it may have to stay. 

How about you actually get the bike and ride it for a bit before you start changing shit.

14 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Looking like fender eliminator may not be a good idea. Lots of reports of bike and rider getting very dirty without the fender if the roads are wet. Its ugly but it may have to stay. 

There is no doubt the fender eliminator will eliminate the fender and when it rains, the dirt sprays everywhere. Have to wash the bike after every ride in the rain. 

50 minutes ago, Tonik said:

How about you actually get the bike and ride it for a bit before you start changing shit.

Fuck you old man, it's a cosmetic mod, riding the bike for a year isnt going to change anything about what I base the decision on. 

Just ordered the full slider combo from t rex. Frame sliders, bar ends, axle sliders, case savers and lift spools. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Fuck you old man, it's a cosmetic mod, riding the bike for a year isnt going to change anything about what I base the decision on. 

Just ordered the full slider combo from t rex. Frame sliders, bar ends, axle sliders, case savers and lift spools. 

Fuck you middle aged man that can't read for shit.

I said 'a bit' not a year.

• Haha 1

Just now, Killer_kaw said:

Cosmetic until you ride it on a wet road and your ass is soaked. 

But if you ride on a wet road, isn't it likely that more than you ass will be soaked?

My stock fender had an opening right down the center so it sprayed water on my back.  Those Italians and their design flaws... :dunno:

7 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

But if you ride on a wet road, isn't it likely that more than you ass will be soaked?

My stock fender had an opening right down the center so it sprayed water on my back.  Those Italians and their design flaws... :dunno:

Take the fender off and tell us if it's better or worse.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Any second now he is going to call you dense.

You're dense because you failed to understand the application of hyperbole in my statement about riding it for a year. Or you just wanna look like a fucktard. Or you started on the sauce early....whichever. feels like winter in here....

Just now, Tonik said:

Take the fender off and tell us if it's better or worse.

Don't tell me how to live my life...  :D

The fender has been gone for a while now, but next chance I get, I'll ride thru some puddles and report back.  Heck, I haven't even put the new sticker on my plate or started my bike yet, and I'm hoping to get the new rearsets put on in the next few days, so puddle jumping is not too high on the list of to-do's.

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

Don't tell me how to live my life...  :D

The fender has been gone for a while now, but next chance I get, I'll ride thru some puddles and report back.  Heck, I haven't even put the new sticker on my plate or started my bike yet, and I'm hoping to get the new rearsets put on in the next few days, so puddle jumping is not too high on the list of to-do's.

If you need to ride through a puddle to find out if it is better or worse maybe you should consider advice from other people more often. Here is some; don't ride through a puddle with no fender, you will get soaked.

HTH

• Haha 1

Lol at people worried about getting dirty in the rain.... If you're already riding in the rain, what's a little more water and dirt? You're already going to be soaked. I've ridden through monsoons in my bike and never thought at the end, "Oh man, wish I hadn't got dirty." because I'm soaked and dirty regardless.... This all feels like elaborate trolling lol

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Things fly off the rear tire at a right angle to its surface. A hugger would have to extend beyond the centerline of the wheel to keep anything off me. 

Basically they just keep your shock clean ish

Congrats on the new bike Sam.  If they would have been making those when I bought my Ninja 1000 I probably would have opted for one of those.  Enjoy!------About the fender eliminator,  when it rains you get a wet ass (rain gear before it pours solves that) & dirty bike (wash bike after ride solves that) whether you have a rear fender or not.  IMHO, get the fender eliminator.

• Upvote 1