Wheel sizing advice

The Jake

Bought a 94 Yamaha Virago, all stock, and would like to make it look like the one posted. This is my first bike and will be doing a little at a time. The tires need replaced immediately but I have no idea how to size the wheels to fit my bike and get the upsized front tire. Thanks for any help, and explain it like I'm stupid, I'm a fireman, not a mechanic.

254b03f28041c05121412af1a036dd0c.jpg

I got a little experience with Chopin em up a bit but not a virago. If your wanting to get it on the road soon your probably best off to stick to stockish sizes. You’ll definitely have to lose the front fender to go that big and then you’ll most likely wanna clean that area up a bit. The rear has some size to it as well so it’ll probably require some modifications. Not sure it’ll fit with your stock fender and tail. Best thing you can do is find a forum dedicated to those bikes. It’ll take a lot of guessing out of it. The bike in the pic does have a nice clean look to it. 

• Thanks 1

those are probably custom rims and that looks like a rear tire on the front.  they're never that big.  if this is something you are looking into doing you're not going to find parts ready to install.    guys often have to make their own stuff.   if you can't weld and work with metal, making a custom bike will require you to hire a custom bike builder.

12 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

I got a little experience with Chopin em up a bit but not a virago. If your wanting to get it on the road soon your probably best off to stick to stockish sizes. You’ll definitely have to lose the front fender to go that big and then you’ll most likely wanna clean that area up a bit. The rear has some size to it as well so it’ll probably require some modifications. Not sure it’ll fit with your stock fender and tail. Best thing you can do is find a forum dedicated to those bikes. It’ll take a lot of guessing out of it. The bike in the pic does have a nice clean look to it. 

Never considered a forum just for Virago's, I'll see what's out there. Thanks.