My MotoGP trip

cOoTeR

As some of you know I moved to Arizona a few years ago but I've hung around here and checked in from time to time. I recently bought a H2 SX SE. It arrived later than expected so I didn't really get a lot of time to test it out before deciding to ride it to Austin for the MotoGP race this year. I picked it up the evening of March 30th and rode it home about 45 miles. Then I wasn't able to ride it until April 3rd because of my work schedule and I put 250 miles on it that day. I did an oil change on it and want able to ride again until April 7th. On the 7th I put about 460 some miles on it. I needed to get the first service done on it but the dealership would only let their head technician work on it so they couldn't get it in until the 18th. Due to work it sat until I took it in for the first service and dropped it off on the 17th. I picked it up the evening of the 18th and loaded the bags to prep for the long ride to MotoGP.

I got up and left about 6 am on the 19th and rode 726 miles to Junction, TX. I met a friend from New Mexico there. The bike did great and I was able to make stops only when gas was needed and keep the time down to a minimum during the stops. It wasn't until about 600 miles in that I was wanting to get off of the bike. 

The 20th we woke up and did 400 ish miles around Texas Hill country before riding up to Austin to meet up with some friends that live 35 minutes from the track. We're staying with them. 

Today we rode to the track and back. It was raining pretty good on the way home after the awesome Moto America race. The bike did great in the rain. 

The only concern I have at this point is I'm at just shy of 2,000 miles and my rear tire is almost to the wear bars and I've got around another thousand miles before I'm home. 

20180421_093233.jpg

20180419_062602.jpg

20180419_205103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The racing was pretty good. Moto America race was awesome in the rain. The MotoGP race was a lot better in person than what they showed on TV. BEIN Sports missed quite a few passes and attempts to pass. 

After the race we rode from the track to my friends house in Artesia, NM. There were a ton of deer but luckily they didn't give us any issues. Monday morning I woke up and finished the 420 miles home. I got to ride across white sands missile range which was pretty cool. 

For the trip I was just shy of 2,200 miles and almost have 3,000 miles on the bike. The dealership was shocked when I brought the rear tire in and told them I already wore it out. 

Next up I'm installing a sprint air filter and getting the bike flashed+tuned. I'm hoping to get around 220rwhp when it's done. 

Then I need to start planning my next long trip because this one was a blast. I'm thinking of doing a Rocky Mountain ride, a Gulf Coast ride or a West coast ride for my next journey. 

20180421_162839.jpg

20180422_141259.jpg

20180423_112125.jpg

20180423_152005.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice Trip for you there Cooter.  And good on ya for riding your almost new hyperbike - I'm too much of a wimp to try that.  Looks like you were at turn 15?  Cool place to watch.  The kid and I did the variety pack or whatever where you sit someplace different every day.  (Turn 1, Turn 15, Main Grandstand.)  Enjoy the bike!

3 hours ago, DAC said:

Nice Trip for you there Cooter.  And good on ya for riding your almost new hyperbike - I'm too much of a wimp to try that.  Looks like you were at turn 15?  Cool place to watch.  The kid and I did the variety pack or whatever where you sit someplace different every day.  (Turn 1, Turn 15, Main Grandstand.)  Enjoy the bike!

I thought about the multi corner ticket but I've been there every year except 1 and I've sat in almost every section (on Friday's I try to check out different seats). Turn 15 is by far my favorite section.