Oh shit, wish I saw that firs....

Gixxus Christ!

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

were they properly torqed? I know people have had their Oh-lins axle clamp break like that

No, this is definitely from falling off the trailer. The front strap stayed attached. Back strap broke while braking hard which transferred a ton of weight to the front of the bike, then when the truck stopped and the suspension relaxed the bike stepped forward and hung off the trailer by the headers. 

The bandit wasn't so lucky, it went vertical right off the front and got pinned under the tongue of the trailer. Bent forks, twisted triple clamps. Got most of that sorted.

I already bought new fork legs, springs and some cartridge emulators for the old Honda, now its time to get a new top clamp, saw off all the OEM gauge mounts, grind them smooth and powder coat it. 

2 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Close call. Good to see you got it home in one piece. Sounds like a good plan to clean up the top clamp anyhow. You gonna slap a single clock and some clubmans on?

Already got a koso TNT multifunction gauge and drag bars. 

I had to come up with some interesting approaches to get mine to work. The tech did not like the signal my dyna ignition module put out, the needle would just go all over the place. I got a rotary encoder from koso and hooked it to the tach cable, then ran that to the gauge and it worked fine til it burnt up. Finally what worked was tying into one of the hot leads from the stator for signal and telling the gauge the motor has 6 cylinders. 

For the speedo,  I had to take my rotor bolts to my dads and use his lathe to drill holes in the heads to accept the magnets, then used the mounting bolt for the old speedo cable to mount the hall effect sensor. Works like a charm.