Shoei Neotec II Modular Helmet

RidersDiscount

Mini review compared to the original Neotech now that I have an afternoon of using it. It is a bit lighter, not huge but noticable. The optics on the shield is excellent. The original was very good, this one is better. 

Air flow is dramatically improved, the chin vent actually does something and it flows the air up the front and out the top very well. It is considerably quieter even with the vents open. Opening the top vent is not the greatest, nothing to provide friction...you press down hard and slide.

Inside is more comfy, digging the ratchet chin strap.

And @2talltim can stop whinning, the shield seal is a completely new design 

Edited by Tonik

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Mini review compared to the original Neotech now that I have an afternoon of using it. It is a bit lighter, not huge but noticable. The optics on the shield is excellent. The original was very good, this one is better. 

Air flow is dramatically improved, the chin vent actually does something and it flows the air up the front and out the top very well. It is considerably quieter even with the vents open. Opening the top vent is not the greatest, nothing to provide friction...you press down hard and slide.

Inside is more comfy, digging the ratchet chin strap.

And @2talltim can stop whinning, the shield seal is a completely new design 

I said since I seen it at IMS that the new one fixed all the issues the old one had. My bitch is Shoei won't admit the original had problems and want to help folks out with them.

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I said since I seen it at IMS that the new one fixed all the issues the old one had. My bitch is Shoei won't admit the original had problems and want to help folks out with them.

Well you can continue to bitch or you can call MIKE and solve the problem.

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Well you can continue to bitch or you can call MIKE and solve the problem.

I've had it 2 years its not Mike's problem. Shoei customer service is like talking to a repeating record. Only answer I get is the copy and paste from there web site where it says how to ship to them for a post crash type inspection. But they wont answer the question on if anything will be done if they find a problem.

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I've had it 2 years its not Mike's problem. 

I wasn't suggesting that it was his problem. I was suggesting you buy a II from him.

As for sending it in, it has a five year warranty. They are asking you to send it in so they can look at it. That seems like a reasonable request. Could have done that in February.

Edited by Tonik

23 hours ago, Tonik said:

I wasn't suggesting that it was his problem. I was suggesting you buy a II from him.

As for sending it in, it has a five year warranty. They are asking you to send it in so they can look at it. That seems like a reasonable request. Could have done that in February.

Giving a company that won't stand behind their products hundreds more dollars of my money is not a "fix" to the problem in my opinion. And the dept they want me to send it to isn't warranty repair. It's the post crash safety inspection dept. And when I ask if this will result in any warranty inspection and or work I get the same old copy and paste. So i'm 85% almost certian that all that is going to happen is I'll get it back with a letter saying it safe of not safe and nothing will be done to fix the problems.  

Edited by 2talltim

27 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Giving a company that won't stand behind their products hundreds more dollars of my money is not a "fix" to the problem in my opinion. And the dept they want me to send it to isn't warranty repair. It's the post crash safety inspection dept. And when I ask if this will result in any warranty inspection and or work I get the same old copy and paste. So i'm 85% almost certian that all that is going to happen is I'll get it back with a letter saying it safe of not safe and nothing will be done to fix the problems.  

You should be calling them man. Yea, their emails are misleading but a warranty claim is a warranty claim.

51 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Shoei is a great brand and make a great product, if you bought the helmet from me and are having issues give me a call. I will be happy to get involved if need be.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

You should be calling them man. Yea, their emails are misleading but a warranty claim is a warranty claim.

I have called them, get the same song and dance. 

48 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

Shoei is a great brand and make a great product, if you bought the helmet from me and are having issues give me a call. I will be happy to get involved if need be.

I'll call you later on man and tell you whats going on but really don't see it as a retailer problem. 

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I'll call you later on man and tell you whats going on but really don't see it as a retailer problem. 

It isn't a retailer problem, I'd just prefer you not to crap all over my thread. :D 

2 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

It isn't a retailer problem, I'd just prefer you not to crap all over my thread. :D 

Sorry wasn't trying to. You know I love you Mike. No Homo. okay maybe a little Homo. :banana: 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

:bitchfight: @Tonik started it.  :bitchfight:

And now MIKE is going to get you squared away. He looks like the hero he deserves to look like and your helmet gets fixed.  You are welcome.

Hey Mike since you're doing favors... Get Shoei to send me another RF1200... There's nothing wrong with the one you sold me, it would just be nice having the option to throw one on that doesn't have my sena and gopro shit stuck all over it. 

Thanks, you the best!