Jump to content
Casper

Gavin heading to Round 1 Road Atlanta

Recommended Posts

Thanks for getting this set up for us Ben.  

We’re up early and in our last minute scramble to get everything ready and double checked before we head south. 

We as in the crew. Gavin is already in GA. He’s basically been living with Josh Herrin for the last 2 months training and we just go visit him there to check on him lol. 

That brings me to the big news though that we’ve kept quite on till everything was final. Everyone should already know about the Attack Herrin Compound deal but the other part of that is Josh also talked Attack into a support program for a 300 along with the SuperBike program and we got picked. This is huge for us as we will now be in the front row of the paddock under the canopy of a SuperBike team and the racing and bike knowledge Richard Stamboli brings with him is second to none. On top of that we also got a support program from Graves and will be on a Graves built R3. With this deal we have Attack, Herrin, Hayes and Graves behind us and an amazingly talented rider on the bike. 

Ben has talked with us as well and also happy to announce Ohio Riders will also be on the bike and listed as a sponsor this season! Ben is providing us this social platform to spread the news and reach our to a new fan base. 

We are also going to be doing grass roots type fund raising. Racing is expensive and until one reaches the top it’s never a fully funded ride. 

We have a team PayPal account set up and a debit card from the account that is used solely for race expenses. 

We have a couple sponsors that deposit directly to that before each round but we need more. 

What I’m looking at doing solely for our OhioRider base is ticket and gear giveaways. 

Ive not figured out the best way to do that yet and any input is appreciated. 

My initial thought is random drawing before each round of everyone that has donated for like a Shirt/Hat/Poster 

and several times thru the season a pair of passes to round of your choice to the biggest donor that would also include a tour of the Attack Hauler and a meet greet with Josh and Gavin. 

If anyone has a better option or idea feel free to let me know. I want it to be fair and also raise funds in a way that everyone feels part of it. Also my intention is to bring Gavin to any ORDN shindigs that happen when we are in town. 

Let me know thoughts and ideas on fund raising and giveaways. 

I’ll try to keep this updated too with pics and news as season progresses. 

Our team PayPal for anyone wishing to help is AnthonyAttackHCRacing@gmail.com

please do it as gift/friends family to avoid fees and include your screen name in the notes section if I don’t personally know you so I can make sure I have everyone accounted for in the drawings! 

 

  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to following Gavin this season! Been watching Josh's stories and Gavin has been in a lot of them. Looks like they've been having a good time haha.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been doing a lot of “training” we’re skeptical because all we’ve seen so far is wheelie school 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

He’s been doing a lot of “training” we’re skeptical because all we’ve seen so far is wheelie school 😂

I saw him go at it with a local in the Herrin compound. 2 close races! Pulled it out tho reverse and the standard direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was Logan. He’s Herrins family and lives there as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As i said before Gavin is a great kid!! Can't wait to get out to a round this year and cheer him on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to donations thru PayPal we will gladly take on more sponsors if anyone is wanting to get their company name out there nationwide as long as it’s not a direct competitor of any of ours or Josh’s current sponsorships. 

Our current list:

Rippin PC - Chris Wallace 
Stump Racing Kids - Scott Stump 
Herrin Compound
Attack Performance 
Graves Motorsports 
Blue Crew
Arai
VO2 
614 Paintworx - Paul Finn
28 Motorsports - Ryan Kerr
OMRL 
Ohio Riders
Vortex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

The instagram link appears broken. I did find gavinanthony76 on instagram.

Yes you are correct. I need to fix that. MotoAmerica switched to all two digit numbers this season so we changed to 76. I forgot to update that link 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets get down to brass tax, how much is it going to take to put a sticker on that bike? Single round vs. Season (I'm assuming there's a difference.) :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be completely honest, we have not set a price at this point because this is our first season as a proven team. Of the stickers and social media recognition sponsors we have now only two are cash sponsors, which is what we’re working on here because cash is what’s most needed. All the others are product and services support. 

We really do need to sit down and come up with pricing and we will probably discuss that this weekend but right now anything helps so if anyone wants on send me your “tastefull” stickers and a fair donation and I’ll make it happen. How’s that sound?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see what happened in race 1... they said there was only one crash and it wasn't Gavin. Hope all's well and looking forward to seeing him on the podium tomorrow. 

 

After they limit those damn KTMs and Kawi400's. Cheaters. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Race 1, Blew an engine

Race 2, Blew an engine

A what can go wrong will go wrong weekend for sure. Started out with the Attack hauler breaking down in Trees LA so Josh and Gavin were both at the track without bikes. Plan B, Attack rented a pick up and got Gavins stuff to us since we had our support trailer there and could get by. Bike showed up with about 10 minutes to spare for tech. All good we can work with that. Got everything ready and made warm up and Q1. First time on bike so he had to feel it out but he did good. Now we're into Sat, Race 1 engine blows. However we arent the only Graves bike to blow a motor, hummmm! Graves has us pull it and they give us another so all good we think. Swap done and back to hotel for rest. Sun comes, Race 2 and boom another engine when hes in 3rd grrrrr. But wait, not the only Graves motor issue again. Huuummm again. Chuck assures us he knows whats going on and will have it addressed and a good engine by VIR so we shall see. 

Also a rules change is supposed to be in effect by VIR to address the Ninja 400 and RC390 issue. They both have over a 10hp advantage and a 10+ mph advantage on the R3 by the rules and MotoAmerica says it will be corrected. Again we shall see.

The big show however was Josh. His crew was there with us and he had his street bike in the back of his F150 so in typical Josh Herrin style he says Im racing my street bike. They unload it and work till midnight Fri night borrowing and spray painting plastic from WERA guys and basically turn his bone stock R1s into a track day bike and he raced it in Superbike. He put on one hell of a show and really showed everyone, esp on Sun that all the money dumped into a factory superbike still has nothing on him he ran a bone stock 2 year old bike in superbike and was top 10 on Sat and was top 3 on Sun till his clutch let go. If you didnt watch that race you should. 

We'll be back at VIR and hopefully all sorted out!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad Josh's clutch let go. He will be back in force in the next round. Hope Gavin's spirits are still up. None of that was any of your guys fault and hopefully its behind all of you so you can concentrate on the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

Race 1, Blew an engine

Race 2, Blew an engine

A what can go wrong will go wrong weekend for sure. Started out with the Attack hauler breaking down in Trees LA so Josh and Gavin were both at the track without bikes. Plan B, Attack rented a pick up and got Gavins stuff to us since we had our support trailer there and could get by. Bike showed up with about 10 minutes to spare for tech. All good we can work with that. Got everything ready and made warm up and Q1. First time on bike so he had to feel it out but he did good. Now we're into Sat, Race 1 engine blows. However we arent the only Graves bike to blow a motor, hummmm! Graves has us pull it and they give us another so all good we think. Swap done and back to hotel for rest. Sun comes, Race 2 and boom another engine when hes in 3rd grrrrr. But wait, not the only Graves motor issue again. Huuummm again. Chuck assures us he knows whats going on and will have it addressed and a good engine by VIR so we shall see. 

Also a rules change is supposed to be in effect by VIR to address the Ninja 400 and RC390 issue. They both have over a 10hp advantage and a 10+ mph advantage on the R3 by the rules and MotoAmerica says it will be corrected. Again we shall see.

The big show however was Josh. His crew was there with us and he had his street bike in the back of his F150 so in typical Josh Herrin style he says Im racing my street bike. They unload it and work till midnight Fri night borrowing and spray painting plastic from WERA guys and basically turn his bone stock R1s into a track day bike and he raced it in Superbike. He put on one hell of a show and really showed everyone, esp on Sun that all the money dumped into a factory superbike still has nothing on him he ran a bone stock 2 year old bike in superbike and was top 10 on Sat and was top 3 on Sun till his clutch let go. If you didnt watch that race you should. 

We'll be back at VIR and hopefully all sorted out!

Yeah I was bummed for Gavin both days, but especially Sunday... he was on pace to place 2nd (nobody was catching the stupid Kawi). Glad he was able to keep things together when the engine went kaboom, was kinda hairy for the dude who ran wide off the track. 

 

Josh's story for the weekend is something that will be talked about for a long time, impressive showing of both his riding ability and the motorcycle racing community. It's a shame they are only racing superbike at COTA, but at least MotoAmerica got a time slot for some exposure to the international crowd. Looking forward to VIR and a functional engine from Graves...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Sad Josh's clutch let go. He will be back in force in the next round. Hope Gavin's spirits are still up. None of that was any of your guys fault and hopefully its behind all of you so you can concentrate on the next round.

Josh showed what I try to explain to new track riders all the time that start modding the hell out of their bikes to do track days, the stock bike is good and it takes a rider way more skilled than any of us to out ride its capabilities. His bike was 100% stock with the exception of the tires. Nothing else, not even a power commander. And it’s not even the R model it’s an S model. He hurt a lot of feelings and egos this weekend for sure. 

Gavins spirit is in check and ready for VIR. He knows nothing that happened this round was within his control. What happened should never have happened, especially twice with us and on other bikes. We choose the Graves platform for a reason, this clearly was out of character.  Same failure on all. We’re assured it will be fixed for VIR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Josh showed what I try to explain to new track riders all the time that start modding the hell out of their bikes to do track days, the stock bike is good and it takes a rider way more skilled than any of us to out ride its capabilities. His bike was 100% stock with the exception of the tires. Nothing else, not even a power commander. And it’s not even the R model it’s an S model. He hurt a lot of feelings and egos this weekend for sure. 

Gavins spirit is in check and ready for VIR. He knows nothing that happened this round was within his control. What happened should never have happened, especially twice with us and on other bikes. We choose the Graves platform for a reason, this clearly was out of character.  Same failure on all. We’re assured it will be fixed for VIR. 

Didn't josh have an Ohlins shock out back? Maybe they never put it on? Regardless, he competed against straight up built superbikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, what said:

Yeah I was bummed for Gavin both days, but especially Sunday... he was on pace to place 2nd (nobody was catching the stupid Kawi). Glad he was able to keep things together when the engine went kaboom, was kinda hairy for the dude who ran wide off the track. 

 

Josh's story for the weekend is something that will be talked about for a long time, impressive showing of both his riding ability and the motorcycle racing community. It's a shame they are only racing superbike at COTA, but at least MotoAmerica got a time slot for some exposure to the international crowd. Looking forward to VIR and a functional engine from Graves...

Gavin has huge talent, I may be biased but I say there is no other rider in his class that is better than him. We just need to get a good and reliable package under him and he will show his potential. 

Richard Stamboli and Attack went above and beyond to get us on track this weekend and it really sucked that we couldn’t deliver a podium for them.

We will be after it hard at VIR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Didn't josh have an Ohlins shock out back? Maybe they never put it on? Regardless, he competed against straight up built superbikes.

He did and didn’t lol. 

It was a used donation from a WERA guy and turned out to be well used and wrong spring. He actually talked to his crew about putting his stock one back on because he felt it was a better choice but with everything going on it didn’t happen. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching the Sat races on YouTube last night and saw Gavin bouncing between 4 to 6 then suddenly plummeting through the standings as the video was covering the front of the race. Glad to hear it was a motor issue and not a crash.  It was pretty obvious that the R3's did not have the same power as the KTM and Kawi. What coverage they did have of the pack seemed that Gavin would gain spots in the tight section then give them back up in the long straights.

Josh's story was quite something. Not only was the accomplishments amazing so was his apparent attitude. Seemed he took the situation in stride and made the best of it without getting upset about things outside his control. I'm sure the team was much more hectic than it seemed but it sure looked under control given the situation.

Edited by CBBaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×