Trackday Sandbagging

motocat12

I mean, this doesn't just pose a threat to motorcycle track days, it's essentially going after all sports or activities that currently have you sign a waiver and carry insurance. I highly doubt this will go through in favor of Kim, since outdoor recreation/skiing/racing/all sports are a big part of California's economy. 

But yeah, who knows. 

it certainly does... i at one point went into a long discussion about this....  basically, it would open up to all sports to be sued and possibly win for any injury or issue that arises on the track... and if they can sue and possibly win against the org... what will stop someone from  doing it to another rider....

so long story short he is now on his 4th suit  first was the track then he sued the county  then mazda as the tracks title sponsor...  all have been thrown out because he signed a waiver.....

now he is suing the track day org Keigwins ,  a judge has finally agreed to hear the case  next month...  only because Kims high prced lawyer found a clause in the track to the track orgs contract that says the org has the right to inspect the track for any issues and have them addressed...   from the orgs side those sandbags have been in place at their events for years.... as well as many other events... save for  high priced races EG WSBK , motoamerica and big car series... the org says they have ran many years with no issues in regards to the sandbags...  Kim states they should have let all riders know about the  possible issue.... 

here is where it gets fuzzy....  kim says you should have told me (all riders) well  according to the org and many other riders he was late to the riders meeting and wouldn't have known anyways if we did state it....

problem then may lie in  the fact that riders meeting as mandatory and no rider should be allowed on track with out being there... so he was still allowed on track (i get  how could you know for sure if he was there or not... you cant exactly take a roll call) 

a lot of problems arise if he wins...  insurance rates  raise the price of days to astronomical heights , insurance companies refuse to insure orgs officially making orgs responsible 
and many other unseen issues... 

track day and race orgs are sued on the regular... but 99% are tossed out due to the waiver... and rider acknowledgement of issues happen... but this COULD be a big issue

• 1 month later...

everyone is looking for a payday.  I suppose the plantiff  has more money than brains.  bought a bike he has no business being on, started riding it right away at the track in a class far over his head.   who honestly gets target fixation on a big wide open track?   the video should help him lose his case.

Edited by serpentracer

I will agree that the sandbags are a bit too close to the track, but his argument to me is invalid.  He's saying they never let him know of the sandbag, but it was on his 10th lap of that session. which I believe I read was an afternoon session.  

Wouldn't this mean he would have had the opportunity to notice those sandbags at a bare min. of 9 times.  If he had any sort of issue, he should have pulled off and reported it. 

I honestly can't stand when people blame others for their own mistakes.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I will agree that the sandbags are a bit too close to the track, but his argument to me is invalid.  He's saying they never let him know of the sandbag, but it was on his 10th lap of that session. which I believe I read was an afternoon session.  

Wouldn't this mean he would have had the opportunity to notice those sandbags at a bare min. of 9 times.  If he had any sort of issue, he should have pulled off and reported it. 

I honestly can't stand when people blame others for their own mistakes.  

He didn’t even show for the riders meetings.