New to Ohio

Travisty

Hello, 

I just moved to Cincinnati from Madison, WI. 

Looking forward to getting my bearings and such in Ohio. I ride everything, but prefer sportbikes. I've been riding for  over 35 years. I still love sporty Sunday rides to the twisties. I also have raced CCS, and have been a CR/rider seminar coach, for my local trackday organization. 

Welcome.  Not as many OR folk located in SW Ohio, but you're in the right location to have a short roll for some of the best twisties within a 3 hour ride:  northern KY!  Can't say there are many active Cincy forums for riders, but the first one comes to mind is Assfault Junkies. Many of the hardcore riders have transitioned to either 100% track or boring adulthood-with-wife-n-child.  You could join some of FB groups if you haven't sworn off Zuckerberg yet:  Cincinnati Café Racers is prolly the most active, and the folks you meet will drag you into other groups.  Every Saturday morning 8-12 is an informal meet for cars and bikes at Fuel Coffee Riverside Dr in eastern Cinti.  Good weather will make for a big crowd.  Every Tuesday 5:30-??? is bike night at the Comet on Hamilton Ave in Northside.  Eclectic mix of old guys and hipsters with a good craft beer selection, huge burritos and a surly waitstaff.  Last Thursday of the month is Euro bike night in downtown Milford.  More old guys, hipsters and posers.  Will get going this month if weather is good.  I won't bother outlining the QSL bike night info for the Colerain/Milford locations--get it online.  Chrome, slash-cut pipes, leather tassels and get-back whips and tons of drunk guys who can't ride fer sheit.

I'll keep you in mind if I post up a ride going into the KY boonies.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Oh great, just when I though I would only have to deal with you a few times a year at blackhawk, you move here. :D

Steve and I will have to drag you to a few local tracks.

Like a turd that won't flush.