Woodworkers: Need your help with bullnose

just_some_dude

I was thinking of using a round over bit, but wouldn't 1/4" be too small? And once I do one side, not having a table, will I have any issues with not having a fence to keep the router from digging in too far after the first cut? Where would the bearing sit?

I would think the 1/4” would be a good place to start. Give it a shot on a scrap. Run it down 1 side, flip it over and see what happens when you run it down the other side. 

Edited by durk

you will have a line in the middle that you will need to sand down to make it look right...If you can't get this done you can bring it over to my shop one afternoon and we can run it on one of my machines.

1 hour ago, bowdog said:

.If you can't get this done you can bring it over to my shop one afternoon and we can run it on one of my machines.

There is is...DONE. 

Mods lock this thread up.

Bubby Adam is good people.

Thanks all! I did end up running a 1/4" round over bit on both sides across a test piece and it worked out okay after sanding. Wasn't very even, but that could just be me. I jokingly convinced a friend of mine to order a 3/4" bullnose cutter for his shaper. After that, the wife decided she wanted the shelf to be straight. Awkward...

I'm going to pay him for the cutter ;).