alex

9 minutes ago, alex said:

not really a problem, E4 is only for motoamerica and expert ccs. you cant really have an e4group when you only might have 2 riders who qualify?

so two guys get to  ride the way they want when others have to follow rules?  I'm honestly not criticizing , I'm interested. why not just call it E3 then and have everyone follow the same rule? btw I'm interested that advanced guys have to follow a 5 foot rule. what was the reasoning behind this?

11 hours ago, alex said:

not really a problem, E4 is only for motoamerica and expert ccs. you cant really have an e4group when you only might have 2 riders who qualify?

Edit, just looked up the definition of E4 on the Evolve website. No wonder they rarely have enough for a full E4 group. LOL

Edited by TimTheAzn

11 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

btw I'm interested that advanced guys have to follow a 5 foot rule. what was the reasoning behind this?

You wouldn't be if you saw the E3 group. Some of these guys are slow intermediate at best in that group. 

passing rules aren't worth getting hung up on...

if someone is faster than you, they will go around you.  Usually in a place you didn't think was possible.  

99% of on-track safety is awareness and predictability.  Do what  the person behind you expects you to do, and they will not put themselves on a course that intersects with yours. 

your not wrong  and any A rider worth their salt should be able to get around anyone at anytime safely , that's the point.  and as long has all riders involved understand that some one  that is faster than you in the "other" group  may come up and pass you closer than  5ft everything should be fine..

i only speak from experience as  it doesn't matter what group your in some one will have a claim to some one being unsafe... or passing  them well within the  limits given to them.. EG  the standard 6 ft intermediate rule... and that persons claim is just as important as the one that  may or may not have done the offending pass...  
are you to tell them sorry they are an expert racer you'll be fine when they pass you under 5 ft even though your used to 5 ft in advanced?  (btw most racers ive been around generally pass others with MASSIVE amounts of room! unless they know you of course then  its a friendly elbow rub or  butt smack haha) 

• 1 month later...