alex

putting it out there, EvolveGT has a first timer $99 rider with us event at Pitt Race April 28,29 if anyone is interested. they also have a Pirelli vendor on site and a Michelin vendor too. For the 2 people that use them on track. just kidding...

Also going to Nelson Ledges in July,August and September

https://evolvegt.com/events/?show=ev

5 hours ago, alex said:

putting it out there, EvolveGT has a first timer $99 rider with us event at Pitt Race April 28,29 if anyone is interested. they also have a Pirelli vendor on site and a Michelin vendor too. For the 2 people that use them on track. just kidding...

Also going to Nelson Ledges in July,August and September

https://evolvegt.com/events/?show=ev

How do you sign up for a 1st time rider with EvolveGT ?

28 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

First track day ever or first day with evolve?

I just looked at evolve website for Pitt. It says at the top 1st time on track $99, 1st time with us $130. 

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Yes.  I'd love to go for the June date.  Potentially coaching that weekend, but that may get moved.  You?

I did not see the June dates. That sounds like a definite possibility. 

June 1 is last day for students. I’m supposed to check out on June 4 as the last day, but last year they let us check out that Friday and not come in Monday. Either way pretty much done by then. 

For $130 I think I’m gonna try and go Saturday. 

8 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Anybody ever ridden with them. Website shows 4 groups. How does that work, 15 minute sessions? Is there plenty of free track in the E4 group?

they only run 3 groups, novice and beginner together and E3,E4 together   3 20min. sessions

would be very difficult to monitor passing in the E3- E4 group for a coach/ control rider... plus how is it fair for a E3 guy to be adhering to the 5 foot anywhere rule when a e4 dude would stuff it up on them? 

(ps i always believe if your an advanced rider passing anywhere at any distance is acceptable as long as it was safe and controlled that's part of being in advanced and being skilled enough to not be spooked by that move)

but to dictate separate rules for 2 groups running at the same time just seems well, interesting.

5 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Ok thanks. Odd to have different groups with different passing rules if they run together

Same rules I think but they split up the group by pace incase it's a real busy day and they run 4 groups. 

They are both A groups. 

I did 1 day with them. Not as strict with things as N2 and the pace was not there compared to n2 days.

Edited by Jester_

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Same rules I think but they split up the group by pace incase it's a real busy day and they run 4 groups. 

They are both A groups. 

I did 1 day with them. Not as strict with things as N2 and the pace was not there compared to n2 days.

I’d prefer 4 groups if it gives some open track vs N2 having 50+ riders in A group and never getting a clean lap.

It’s a couple weeks before the wera race weekend so I’ll probably go for both days.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

would be very difficult to monitor passing in the E3- E4 group for a coach/ control rider... plus how is it fair for a E3 guy to be adhering to the 5 foot anywhere rule when a e4 dude would stuff it up on them? 

(ps i always believe if your an advanced rider passing anywhere at any distance is acceptable as long as it was safe and controlled that's part of being in advanced and being skilled enough to not be spooked by that move)

but to dictate separate rules for 2 groups running at the same time just seems well, interesting.

not really a problem, E4 is only for motoamerica and expert ccs. you cant really have an e4group when you only might have 2 riders who qualify?

3 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

I’d prefer 4 groups if it gives some open track vs N2 having 50+ riders in A group and never getting a clean lap.

It’s a couple weeks before the wera race weekend so I’ll probably go for both days.

E3/E4 is capped at 35 I think , I wouldn't put 50 riders on any 2 mile track thats a recipe for disaster

Edited by alex