Lets discuss oil filters...

Casper

On 5/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, 2talltim said:

Yea that's why I haven't thrown it out yet it's just a head fuck game knowing what happened to Derek. I might use it eventually.

I won't ride with you until you throw it away. I was behind Derek, 145 on an oil slick is not fun. Knowing you saved 20 bucks is not worth it to me.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I won't ride with you until you throw it away. I was behind Derek, 145 on an oil slick is not fun. Knowing you saved 20 bucks is not worth it to me.

Brand new WIX on the bike now and another one on the shelf for the next change.

34 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's less than $20. I'll give you $5 to throw it in the garbage.

Even though I bought it on Amazon I might try to take it to Orileys and exchange itfor a WIX

19 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

The only one I would make a point to avoid is Fram.

I'll agree on that one. Used to use them on my TL, one time i took one off and the can part of the filter twisted right off of the base of it. Also when it was laying there in 2 pieces I didn't like what i seen on the inside. Very little and thin element that was actually torn through in one spot after only 2500 miles on the bike. 

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I'll agree on that one. Used to use them on my TL, one time i took one off and the can part of the filter twisted right off of the base of it. Also when it was laying there in 2 pieces I didn't like what i seen on the inside. Very little and thin element that was actually torn through in one spot after only 2500 miles on the bike. 

Nothing can survive the true ultimate power of the TL.

Nothing. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, 2talltim said:

Yea that's why I haven't thrown it out yet it's just a head fuck game knowing what happened to Derek. I might use it eventually.

I've got my last K&N on my FZ09 now from a bulk pack I bought a few yrs ago. I'm not worried about it because I bought them a yr before all the issues popped up. But I guess after this 3k, I'm switching to Yami filters. The Groms don't have filters and the CB300F has a cartridge, so no worries there.