Lets discuss oil filters...

Casper

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Casper said:

I’m finally about to change my last K&N. Bought a case of HiFlows. 

Ive have one more KN on the shelf in the garage for over a year, can't bring myself to use it. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Ive have one more KN on the shelf in the garage for over a year, can't bring myself to use it. 

I’m pretty sure mine were made before they switched to the Chinese manufacturer. I bought a case of them like 3-4 years ago. Didn’t worry too much about using them. From what I understand, as long as it wasn’t made in China or Korea you should be fine. I think if it says made in USA or Thailand then its one of the good ones (supposedly made by HiFlo). I could be completely wrong, so do your own research of course. ?

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

I’m pretty sure mine were made before they switched to the Chinese manufacturer. I bought a case of them like 3-4 years ago. Didn’t worry too much about using them. From what I understand, as long as it wasn’t made in China or Korea you should be fine. I think if it says made in USA or Thailand then its one of the good ones (supposedly made by HiFlo). I could be completely wrong, so do your own research of course. ?

20180512_203311.thumb.jpg.97f27a841c55ecd3cd312fbc138642bb.jpg

13 minutes ago, Casper said:

I don’t think the 303s were ever involved. I think it’s just the 204s. 

Yea that's why I haven't thrown it out yet it's just a head fuck game knowing what happened to Derek. I might use it eventually.

Whatever is cheapest. Usually Bosch or Purolator but I think I've got a fram powrsports filter in the garage waiting to go on... I know not to use k&n, but other than that it's whatever... I change the oil way below recommended mileage so I'm not worried about the filter being cheap

6 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Are they? I have heard that they aren’t. After reading that article on Calsci’s site, Hiflo makes the K&Ns now. That is a very informative article, lots of good info.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, 2talltim said:

Yea that's why I haven't thrown it out yet it's just a head fuck game knowing what happened to Derek. I might use it eventually.

It's less than $20. I'll give you $5 to throw it in the garbage.

• Upvote 1