Entry level construction help needed

marlboro man

Entry level help needed To Repair & remodel houses 44+ Hours a week .       if you’re willing to learn and have a good work ethic ! Must know how to read a tape & have Hammer a ,utility knife speed square  all other tools provided  $12hr To start pay goes up with performance

8 minutes ago, marlboro man said:

Entry level help needed To Repair & remodel houses 44+ Hours a week .       if you’re willing to learn and have a good work ethic ! Must know how to read a tape & have Hammer a ,utility knife speed square  all other tools provided  $12hr To start pay goes up with performance

Akron / Canton area

6 hours ago, max power said:

Dude, the only people left on this board are computer nerds and us Bubby's. If you want $12 an hour laborers, you need to go to asphalt junkies. 

Ouch.  Harsh, dude.  I think the vast majority of them have actually grown up and become productive citizens.  The only other target audience here on OR is old guys with a work ethic living on a fixed income, but I ain't driving to Akron for $12/hr....IJS

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

No offence to the marlboro man but $12 for construction work is low ball.  He'll never get quality workers.  1. Its too physically demanding for $12.  2. The skills required dont reflect the pay even at entry level. 

A guy i know that owns a concrete company were discussing this topic a few weeks ago.  Ive seen craigslist adds for home framing for $12/hr.   he said F that framing houses is harder than concrete work.  U guys ran off all the mexicans that was happy making $12.  Not going to find many non alcoholics or drug addicts for $12

Edited by serpentracer

3 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

No offence to the marlboro man but $12 for construction work is low ball.  He'll never get quality workers.  1. Its too physically demanding for $12.  2. The skills required dont reflect the pay even at entry level. 

A guy i know that owns a concrete company were discussing this topic a few weeks ago.  Ive seen craigslist adds for home framing for $12/hr.   he and said F that framing houses is harder than concrete work.  U guys ran off all the mexicans that was happy making $12.  Not going to find many non alcoholics or drug addicts for $12

Don't think he's asking for skilled tradesman he wants grunts to do bitch work. So his pay scale is appropriate for that to start.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, serpentracer said:

Well theyre going to be drug addicts that steal tools. 

You're just a ray of fucking sunshine aren't you? I bet you're a hoot at parties. :lol: 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2018 at 7:44 AM, serpentracer said:

A guy i know that owns a concrete company were discussing this topic a few weeks ago.  Ive seen craigslist adds for home framing for $12/hr.   he said F that framing houses is harder than concrete work.  U guys ran off all the mexicans that was happy making $12.  Not going to find many non alcoholics or drug addicts for $12

Wasn’t looking for a skilled tradesmen At the moment What do you suggest someone out of  High school or somewhere  around that line should make with no experience I’am  doing whole house remodel’s right now  so it’s not just framing I did that for 17 years it Keep me in shape  and framing is the most physical demanding job I have done in construction but I had to quit Framing full-time Blew out my back

On 4/7/2018 at 7:48 AM, 2talltim said:

Don't think he's asking for skilled tradesman he wants grunts to do bitch work. So his pay scale is appropriate for that to start.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:41 AM, 2talltim said:

FYI anyone that wants this job only needs to give bubby @marlboro man a fist bump during the interview and your in. Your welcome ;)

Anybody that gives me a fist bump Is going to get a head bump real quick