Western Ohio riders to 2018 Epic Ride

cptchaos

Saturday May 19th, 2018

Greetings to all followers of the great Helmutt and Snot! It's my honor to collect you from Springfield and bring you further east on this most epic of rides day.

Western Ohio meet spot will be at the Shell station on the corner of Leffel Ln and S Limestone ( Rt72).  I will get there about 730am, fuel up, and be ready to roll I-70 east by 8am sharp.

Shell Gas Station

2301 S. Limestone St.

Springfield, OH 45505

The secondary meet point will be determined once the main thread posts info about the ride. If we're doing the McConnelsville area then it will likely be:

Eastland Shell Mini Mart

2191 South Hamilton Road

Columbus, OH 43232

We should be at this secondary meet point just before 9am, pending traffic.

THIS WILL BE A QUICK STOP SO WE CAN MAKE THE EPIC RIDE MEET POINT ON TIME, SO PLEASE BE FUELED AND READY

Plan to head back out from there no later than 9:10 to ensure we reach the Epic Ride meet point in McConnelsville by 10:30'ish am.

*NEW riders & 1st time Epic Riders* This is virtually ALL slab work to wherever, so let me know if this is your first time and we'll do a quick group familiarity brief before kickstands up. The pace will be a typical 10'ish over the limit all the way there.

Success tips:

ATGATT for this type of ride per the main thread. That means helmet, jacket, pants, sturdy shoes, gloves. You don't have to be power ranger suited up but if you've got it you are welcome to wear it.

Boy scouts are prepared and you should be too. Water, sunscreen, light/dark face shield, snacks, shield cleaner, dry cloth are all great things to stick in a pack. Hydration is important on a long day like this and will help you stay sharp!

It may be cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon so thermals are nice to wear in the morning and peel off for the main event.

If your significant other wants to know where you are, there are great tracking apps for your phone. I have an android and use bubbler on my phone which updates a live map at www.spotwalla.com

Ride your ride, even on the ride getting there.

Check this thread often for updates, see you soon!

• 1 month later...

Edit 1 5/7/2018: Meet point change in Springfield

@DUBIE's idea to meet in the lot at Competition Accessories/Ride One Powersports is better. Rolling out of their lot is easier than the Shell station.

343 W Leffel Ln, Springfield, OH 45506

There's a Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, and Mickey D's nearby in case you're hungry. You could also go for one of the petrified hot dogs at the gas station if you have a bit more of a devil may care streak.

And there you have it folks, on the main thread the winner is.....McConnelsville! It's going to be a rainy week though so watch the weather and the threads for updates or info in case of a rain out.

• Like 1