NC Bike April 7-8

Jester_

@TimTheAzn and I are "probably" heading to nc bike april 6th and meeting up with a few others to ride that weekend. We are going to weather watch for temps and rain and go from there. I also have a huge list of things to do to the bike make the trip but as long as the bodywork is back from paint I am a go. Will be back 2am ish on the 9th. 

@F4iguy showed some interest in going so he has a spot if he goes and has a trs. 

If others are interested in going and can ride share everyone is more than welcome to sleep in the toy hauler. Or if John doesnt make it and someone else has a trs I have another spot open. I think I could also install another plate in the back and haul 4 bikes in there if needed. 

Edited by Jester_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just hope my bodywork is done in time. 

I installed the clip ons this weekend, and installed the ftecu auto tune, and fast frank underslung caliper bracked with longer line. But I need to call fast frank as I might have to send out the lightech adjusters to have them machine them to work with the new caliper bracket. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

I wish I didn't have a ton of crap to get done. This place is on my list to try out.

Its fun, pretty easy to learn. No elevation changes and nothing blind. I'm hoping it gets me a little more comfortable on the beast.

Its not too bad just not my cup of tea after being on it a few times. And the pit area sucks if you dont get there early. 

It is cheap to run so theres that. 

Edited by Jester_

10 hours ago, J_Copeland said:

Stupid question, but what does a weekend TD typically cost if you have 3-4 guys going ?

I always find that out the Monday after I get home and look at my bank account.

NCBike is like $160 a day.

Fuel costs: Around $100-$150 (probably high unless we are going to RA or something, obviously sharing a ride.)

Food Costs: If I had to put a number on it, and since we share a lot of stuff, $50-70 depending on how many variations of Oreos you buy.

Entertainment: We've found that even though midget strippers are 1/2 the size of normal ones, that doesn't mean they are willing to take 1/2 the pay.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

I have a rough estimate of $310 for fuel round trip on fuel to nc bike and back from my house. Divide that by however many people are going. I think a day at nc bike is 170 for non elite members? Would have to check on that. 

And of course most would get slightly better fuel economy than I do pulling the 5th wheel. 

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

I have a rough estimate of $310 for fuel round trip on fuel to nc bike and back from my house. Divide that by however many people are going. I think a day at nc bike is 170 for non elite members? Would have to check on that. 

And of course most would get slightly better fuel economy than I do pulling the 5th wheel. 

That's probably really close. Just looking a the mileage I figured up about $260 for mine. Granted I have no clue what I'm actually going to get mpg wise with the new TH.

59 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

That's probably really close. Just looking a the mileage I figured up about $260 for mine. Granted I have no clue what I'm actually going to get mpg wise with the new TH.

Might as well add 20%. :lol: