Superbike School, Vegas, April 7-8

Casper

9 hours ago, blue03636 said:

I'm going to VIR May 7&8

What made you decide to do VIR? I was looking at flights and such, and seemed like Vegas would be the easiest to get in and out of. 

Plus, it’s Vegas. 

2 hours ago, F4iguy said:

CSB vs. YCRS.  Which is best to do first (if any)?  Which is best bang for the buck?

Superbike School max out of pocket if you wreck is $1500. YCRS you’re responsible for the entire cost to fix/replace. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

What made you decide to do VIR? I was looking at flights and such, and seemed like Vegas would be the easiest to get in and out of. 

Plus, it’s Vegas. 

I'm riding my own bike and vir is an awesome track. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, F4iguy said:

CSB vs. YCRS.  Which is best to do first (if any)?  Which is best bang for the buck?

You should do one. Both are awesome and teach the same thing. My only gripe with ycrs is that you aren't assigned a coach to debrief with after every session, you have to ask for help. They say they don't want to waste time on someone that doesn't want help, wtf I just dropped $2k isn't that enough to say I want help. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, blue03636 said:

You should do one. Both are awesome and teach the same thing. My only gripe with ycrs is that you aren't assigned a coach to debrief with after every session, you have to ask for help. They say they don't want to waste time on someone that doesn't want help, wtf I just dropped $2k isn't that enough to say I want help. 

The coach to student ratio for CSS is 2-1, so lots of hands on instruction. Main reason I’m willing to spend the money. 

will our friendo whatever his first name is McVay be at the vegas one?  why do people change their names on facebook?  i can hardly remember people i talk to on a daily basis, all hope is lost if they change shit on me on the only platform i see them on after they move far away.

anyway, if he coaching that one, i definitely wouldn't do that one lol

If it wasn't 15 track day's worth of $$ I'd consider it :o 

Apparently we got our answer for where our supporter money is going though. HAVE FUN BEN. 

Edited by what
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, what said:

If it wasn't 15 track day's worth of $$ I'd consider it :o 

Apparently we got our answer for where our supporter money is going though. HAVE FUN BEN. 

:lol: The supporter money doesn't even cover the hosting. Would be freaking AWESOME if I was clearing $2500/year from the site though. 

I want more one-on-one instruction and faster learning times. While my first track day was a lot of fun last year, it kinda sucked being put on the track with a bunch of people who'd already done several and were trying to get bumped to intermediate. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

it kinda sucked being put on the track with a bunch of people who'd already done several and were trying to get bumped to intermediate. 

You were in the wrong group. Not meaning Novice or Intermediate, I'm talking you were in the wrong group in Novice. If you are talking about Mid-Ohio, they typically have their Novice groups based on pace. One of those groups have the guys and gals on the cusp of Intermediate and that is that group's goal work on the little things they need to get bumped.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

Where are you finding days for $100?

It's like $2200 for the Vegas CSS. That's 14.5 track days at Mid-O if you buy certs. 

Edited by what

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

You were in the wrong group. Not meaning Novice or Intermediate, I'm talking you were in the wrong group in Novice. If you are talking about Mid-Ohio, they typically have their Novice groups based on pace. One of those groups have the guys and gals on the cusp of Intermediate and that is that group's goal work on the little things they need to get bumped.

The first half of the day was fine in the group. Then in the afternoon they released everyone and opened passing. No bueno when I’m trying to practice what I learned in the morning. Wasn’t Mid Ohio. I’m sure I’ll do a track day at Mid Ohio this year also. But I really like the 2-1 student/coach ratio at CSS and riding their bike. 

2 hours ago, Casper said:

The first half of the day was fine in the group. Then in the afternoon they released everyone and opened passing. No bueno when I’m trying to practice what I learned in the morning. Wasn’t Mid Ohio. I’m sure I’ll do a track day at Mid Ohio this year also. But I really like the 2-1 student/coach ratio at CSS and riding their bike. 

Should of spoke up if you felt that you were not comfortable with what was happening

3 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Fuck it, just buy a 1K and be done with it. :lol:

3 hours ago, Casper said:

But I really like the 2-1 student/coach ratio at CSS and riding their bike. 

Doesn’t CSS use s1000rr’s? Only ridden one before and it wasn’t very confidence inspiring with the power coming on like a 2 stroke. Hopefully they are neutered down for the school