Columbus GoKarts 3/11 - TIME UPDATE 2:30pm

what

@jacobhawkins and I are now organizing a monthly Kart meet up during winter-sad-season. 

The Plan:

• Meet at GPK Columbus at 2:30pm on Sunday, 3/11
  • I will be purchasing the 3-race package ($60), everyone else is free to do what they want
  • We should be done with karts by around 5PM. At this time we will head to the Columbus Brewing Company Restaurant for food and drinks - I will make reservations once we have a solid number of people planning to attend (the cost of all food/drink/kart tickets are each individual's responsibility)

Post up if you'd like to attend. Friends and family are welcome... they have mini-karts for little kids (toddler age). 

Edited by what

Jacob will be a little late, we may want to delay until 2:30 to give him a chance to get there and get in the same heats as us. Seems there will be only a few of us there unless friends tag along. 

• Like 1

I probably won't be going back to GP. 

Racing is $20 per race. In the second race my cart died every time I let off the gas and they had to come restart it. They pulled me into the pits and put me into another cart and gave me one more lap. Woo hoo, I got to ride around in circles by myself. They wouldn't refund me for that race.  Will be speaking to the manager sometime today. I will post up the result.

• Beer 1

Hopefully they resolve things, I want to support fun places but if they choose to be shitty over petty things then I'll happily watch their business come crashing down. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting ready to go home from work and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I called and left a message with the human resources office this time because their general managers mailbox is full. Told him they had one more day to get in touch with me before I took action. I'm trying to be as calm  and cordial as I can about this but I will  put them on full blast and probably cost them much more than $20 if they do not respond.   

Edited by max power

Update:

The owner (at least I'm assuming he was the owner) Marty called me the next day and asked a bunch of questions, talked to his staff then called me back and told me that the manager that day had given me a one race credit at the time (which everyone who was there that Sunday knows is bullshit) and he would look into the cart maintenance issues.  

Then he asked me about our group size and started talking discounts!  

lol yeah. 

So he has his "event coordinator" send me their stock email where they graciously waive their bullshit "yearly membership and headsock fee". 

See below. 

For public racing for someone who has never been here before (i.e. your guests at the party), 3 races for an adult is $60.99 plus a $2.00 headsock fee, and then either a $6 fee for a basic membership or a $30 fee for a premium membership. So for your guests to race 3 times it would be a minimum $68.99 plus tax. When you do an event the headsock fee and the daily racing fee are included in the group prices I provided to you and the parties do not have any tax attached to them. With an event you have set times that you will race and by pass the wait line for racing. You will also just be racing with the people in our group as opposed to racing with other public groups. Our most affordable package though I think would be the 2 race session for $44 per person, the 1 race 1 laser tag package at $34.99 per person, or the 2 race 1 laser tag package at $53.99 per person. 

My vote is to try out the new electric cart track even though I love GPKs big track when I have a decent running cart.  

IMG_6796.PNG

Edited by max power