Let's see your $100 (or less) handguns

imagineer

My $100 Beretta Tomcat 3032.   

A few weeks ago, I was approached by a co-worker, who on behalf of a “friend”, who was doing a favor for a “buddy” looking to sell some of his guns.   I happened to have a C-note in my pocket and picked up this weird little gun (w/ a case, holster and 50 rounds). 

It’s a .32 caliber semi-auto and although you can chamber a round by racking the slide, it’s intended you push a small lever (left side, just ahead of the grip) forward and the front section of the barrel disengages and rotates upward, exposing the breach for inserting the 1st round.       It shoots great as long as you grip the snot out of it.  

This got me thinking, what $100 (or less) handguns have you all bought?

tomcat.jpg

I'm looking for a cheap 9mm, but not $100 cheap... 

That said, i would pay $80 for a Hi-Point C9 just to see if their reputation is deserved.  That's if I could get over the embarrassment of being seen with it at the range.   But for real, i'm annoyed with myself for letting my coworker buy that SD9ve from Tony a couple years ago.  I should have bought it myself...

6 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

I'm looking for a cheap 9mm, but not $100 cheap... 

That said, i would pay $80 for a Hi-Point C9 just to see if their reputation is deserved.  That's if I could get over the embarrassment of being seen with it at the range.   But for real, i'm annoyed with myself for letting my coworker buy that SD9ve from Tony a couple years ago.  I should have bought it myself...

The new Ruger Security 9 looks really nice for an inexpensive pistol.

I like the SD9VE, very good for what it is ( I might be the only person that likes the older Sigma SW9VE, I'll never sell that one).

12 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

( I might be the only person that likes the older Sigma SW9VE, I'll never sell that one).

My 1st gun was a SW40GVE.   It's never misfired (@ +/-2000 rounds) and it's easy to take down and clean.   I'm not all that enamored with it, but we'll grow old together.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I like the SD9VE, very good for what it is.

I read a review of it that cracked me up.  Something to the effect of, "it fires reliably, every time.  You'll want to clean it every 1000 rounds or so ...or don't - it really doesn't seem to care."  Went on to criticize the trigger, but also admits that it's completely acceptable for the price-point, and the type of thing you can fix with aftermarket parts, or some inexpensive gunsmithing. 

For my purposes, I would prefer something with a safety, but I wouldn't let that be a deal-breaker.

I would part with my KelTec PF9 (with 2 mags) for pretty cheap if anyone is interested in that...  IF i sell the PF9, I'll probably end up with a G19.  If I keep it, I'll continue to look for something like a used SD9VE.

The only sub-$100 gun I have ever encountered 'in the flesh' was a pawnshop 25 cal.   It wasn't worth the $75 they wanted for it.

duh, just remembered. Bought hipoint from neighbor's son for cheap (under 100). Never even fired it, nor want to. Favorite is a pocket full of Bauer 25acp, bought back in the 80s & 90s for 25-40 bucks each. Also a pair of Sears catalog style 38S&W revolvers from the 1900-1920 Chicago era. Cheap, broken, repairable, but nice to look at a bit of history.

lol

i'm not proud.

Cp2foZMl.jpg

2IBmMO0l.jpg

a friend of mine said to me, wanna buy a hipoint for $75?

i said, sure. i'd sold my government model to cabelas to buy groceries. this thing weighs as much as the spare tire on my one ton, looks as sophisticated as a walmart toaster, but shoots when i pull the trigger, and the slugs go more or less where i point it.

what the hell. it's so stupid crude i haven't even bothered to take it apart to see how it works yet.

Rifles seem to be much easier to get for under a 100 bucks if you look hard enough.  I have gotten an SKS, 2 British Enfields, a Mosin and a really old Steyr for under a hundred each. Here is the picture of that CZ I mentioned before.

webcz.jpg

• 4 months later...

I may grab a hi point 9 as a trunk gun. 

Started thinking about a “get home” bag not too long ago. 

Gun. Ammo. Water. Basic energy gel or snacks, a printed map, flash light, and walking shoes. Probably hand warmers too. 

No shame here. Yes its heavy and cumbersome and it feels like its forged of concrete. But it goes bang every time and is surprisingly accurate. Picked it up for a Hondo with 3 mags and shity holster.

Good garage gun.

5030.thumb.jpeg.b028a4c7019b4d485fd4a6ff457775e0.jpeg