25 Feb 2018 First ride of year.

B-Mac

Brian:  'Em ar sum purdy roads!  I've got an '09 Weestrom sixfiddy that I do a lot of backroad bashing on; I've upgraded the forks with RT springs and Gold valves, and swapped the rear for a DL1000 shock that raises the rear about 1/2" over stock and is a bit less susceptible to getting 'flabby' when it gets hot.  Yours looks like the ride is pretty settled and plush when the going gets bumpy.  Just wondered what set-up you are running?  I've got Shinko 804/805s mounted now--what tires are you using?

Oh, and since this is OR and it's still winter, what oil do you recommend? ;o)

Video from NKY last weekend.  Not quite as rural as your route:  

Edited by Bubba

Bubba, Nice video. I love riding down thru KY. I have completed the full KAT once and two Half KAT's.

I have a custom suspension set up from "EPM" Hyperpro Shock and spring set for my weight and riding likes. The rear is 1" longer and my front run's a 30mm sag. 10W Fluid.

Klaus from EPM did my stuff on my 04 DL1000 with wilbers shock and race tec springs. I am happy with the mods and the bike. I also run Mitas E-07 Dakar tires as my primary but go with the stock Battlewing when I do long asphalt trips with the wife.

2014%20Dl1000%20V-Strom%20Shock%20001.jp