Bike loan questions

Gixxus Christ!

Short back story: I was aan idiot in my early 20's and fucked my credit to shit and gone. Left it in the gutter until 3 years ago, worked at it and now have an excellent credit score. I've never had a mortgage or car loan, just credit cards.

Looking to possibly finance a bike this year, possibly from a private seller. How do I go about This? Or should I just stick to dealerships? Or maybe you're a loan officer at a bank and can direct me to the best option. 

11 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Short back story: I was aan idiot in my early 20's and fucked my credit to shit and gone. Left it in the gutter until 3 years ago, worked at it and now have an excellent credit score. I've never had a mortgage or car loan, just credit cards.

Looking to possibly finance a bike this year, possibly from a private seller. How do I go about This? Or should I just stick to dealerships? Or maybe you're a loan officer at a bank and can direct me to the best option. 

Are you buying new or used?

if you’re buying new look at the manufacture’s website and go into their financing section. When I got the Suzuki they linked me through Sheffield (bb&t). I got pre approved went to the dealer made the deal. Didn’t talk one bit of financing. After we came  to an agreed price I gave them the authorization code for Sheffield and they pulled it up and I was riding the bike home 20 minutes later. 

As far as a used bike. Check with your local credit unions. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Personal Loan? 

Rates aren't really that bad but credit reporting agencies look at it like a credit card.

22 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Ya.... if you want every motherfucker in the country trying to sell some kind of insurance blowing up your phone. 

I used them a few years ago to consolidate some medial bills and never had anyone calling or emailing me in this way. Loan was paid off a year ago and the only solicitation I get is lending tree wanting to give me another loan.

Edited by 2talltim

I personally will never have a loan for a bike I look at it as if I can't save up and pay cash for a want item I don't need it. Not saying anything is wrong with it just saying it's not my gig.

But if I had to I would check with Credit unions like some have already said. Find one that might work with your new employer and will do payroll deduction. That's how we got my wife's new(to us) car in 2016 and they gave us a 1.99% rate. No other lending institution would even come close on a used car.

57 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yup, I'm the king of people taking shit I say the wrong way. :dunno: 

if it walks like a duck... :lol:

I kid of course, let's not have anyone go ham because they put their own context to my reply ;) 

Edited by Bad324

My advice: Find a credit union. Absolutely love mine and they are always emailing deals they have going on including interest rates on recreational vehicles that I just got the other day. Get whatever bike you've been lusting for the longest and price be damned if you can afford the payments. You work hard and the new job sounds like it's going to pay quite nice so why not enjoy the fruits of your labor?

Life is too short to not have an extravagance or two that puts a damn smile on your face

Edited by Bad324
  • Beer 2