Jump to content
HeavyDuty

Are you ready to give up your 2nd amendment rights

Recommended Posts

This shit has gone too far.  Make sure you note the names of these senators who are begging for a Civil War.

http://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/solarapi/v1/general_assembly_132/bills/sb260/IN/00?format=pdf

Edited by max power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that bill is harsh.  Any full auto's must be permanently disabled and any Semi-auto firearm that can hold 10 rounds or more because an assault weapon and is therefor illegal.  I thing the state of Ohio needs a serious cleaning house in government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear a lot of stats about Canada, UK and Australia. But when I look it up, it's seldom true. Looked the UK up recently, and their murder rate was about the same as ours (per capita), at the time of their firearms ban. It then went up for a decade or so, as high as a 70% increase for a while. Now back where it was. Knife attacks and common crime is out of control in places like London. So no, UK is the same or worse regardless of restrictive laws. And no idea why murders jumped higher for a while. Australia confiscated, but admitted only a fraction of the known weapons were turned in (nor the unknown weapons). You could see in photos, a lot of it was pure junk. Have also heard new firearms sales tripled the amount that was taken away. And yes, their crime stats jumped for a while also. Odd, because some cities can have success, but an entire country is difficult. But not all of them, as in Chicago. Never even bothered looking up much about Canada, it's just not the same.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ReconRat said:

I hear a lot of stats about Canada, UK and Australia. But when I look it up, it's seldom true. Looked the UK up recently, and their murder rate was about the same as ours (per capita), at the time of their firearms ban. It then went up for a decade or so, as high as a 70% increase for a while. Now back where it was. Knife attacks and common crime is out of control in places like London. So no, UK is the same or worse regardless of restrictive laws. And no idea why murders jumped higher for a while. Australia confiscated, but admitted only a fraction of the known weapons were turned in (nor the unknown weapons). You could see in photos, a lot of it was pure junk. Have also heard new firearms sales tripled the amount that was taken away. And yes, their crime stats jumped for a while also. Odd, because some cities can have success, but an entire country is difficult. But not all of them, as in Chicago. Never even bothered looking up much about Canada, it's just not the same.

Just a quick google search at breakfast gave me this...http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate-per-million-people.A little old but the U.S is close to three times the nearest of the others mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without clicking your links... Of course "gun death" is higher, we have more guns... Murder should be the relative statistic, not the tool used to commit it... Is it more acceptable to be knifed? That's silly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drc32-0 said:

Just a quick google search at breakfast gave me this...http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate-per-million-people.A little old but the U.S is close to three times the nearest of the others mentioned.

This is the link I was looking for... I just saw the gun violence one when I opened this and got distracted lol ... How do these numbers compare before and after gun bans for AU for example? Overall murder is definitely much lower, but there could be plenty of cultural factors at play in that regard.. I'd be interested to see how banning guns impacted these numbers more than a straight compare... Not interested enough to go look for it though lol

Edited by Steve Butters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 5:33 AM, drc32-0 said:

 

On 2/23/2018 at 7:59 AM, Steve Butters said:

This is the link I was looking for... I just saw the gun violence one when I opened this and got distracted lol ... How do these numbers compare before and after gun bans for AU for example? Overall murder is definitely much lower, but there could be plenty of cultural factors at play in that regard.. I'd be interested to see how banning guns impacted these numbers more than a straight compare... Not interested enough to go look for it though lol

Yeah, like I said, I see all different statistics. The UK data I looked at was 5 years newer. Both countries had serious declines in totals during that time frame.  Noticed that UK appears to be 4 times lower than the US. Also noticed that difference is .03 of one percent per capita. Statistics will do whatever you want them to do. Some include suicides. Or firearms only. Or include shootings by law enforcement in the line of duty. Or do so for one and not the other. Those details are hidden. The noticeable trend, is to push an agenda with modified statistics, that is about 8 times worse than it really is. So back to where I started, not believing most statistics.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important information in any statistics is the line that says who payed for it.

Like my dad always said,"Figures don't lie,but liers figure."

Edited by drc32-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I like the first line of your first link..."One punch assaults have claimed 90 Australian lives since 2000"

In 13 years the Aussies lost as many people as Chicago gun deaths average in two weeks!Just one American city.We should be as lucky as the Australians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they lost 90 people to one highly specific method, The point is the pushes for new laws will never stop. They do have a 12th of our population spread over the same area.

The latest homicide in Australia report by the Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) shows 13 per cent of people murdered in 2008/09 and 2009/10 were killed by firearms, down from 25 per cent in the late 1980s.  But knife murders have risen from 30 to 41 per cent over the last decade.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

they lost 90 people to one highly specific method, The point is the pushes for new laws will never stop. They do have a 12th of our population spread over the same area.

The latest homicide in Australia report by the Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) shows 13 per cent of people murdered in 2008/09 and 2009/10 were killed by firearms, down from 25 per cent in the late 1980s.  But knife murders have risen from 30 to 41 per cent over the last decade.

 

https://aic.gov.au/publications/mr/mr21

It looks like this is where you got your info.Something like 551 murders over two years?Again,We should be as lucky,or diligent,as Australia.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, drc32-0 said:

https://aic.gov.au/publications/mr/mr21

It looks like this is where you got your info.Something like 551 murders over two years?Again,We should be as lucky,or diligent,as Australia.

 

But, a quick look at populations vs numbers per capita, it looks like the Australian murder rate is twice as high as the US... statistics can get really twisted, dunno...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReconRat said:

But, a quick look at populations vs numbers per capita, it looks like the Australian murder rate is twice as high as the US... statistics can get really twisted, dunno...

I am seeing the US being 4 times higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#Australia

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yup, and maybe a better count, listing only a single interpretation of homicide. Each country defines differently. Wondering if murders are mostly a major urban thing, but that's where the people are anyway. Maybe murder is a density of population thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ReconRat said:

Yup, and maybe a better count, listing only a single interpretation of homicide. Each country defines differently. Wondering if murders are mostly a major urban thing, but that's where the people are anyway. Maybe murder is a density of population thing.

Well, you pretty much gotta have people to have murders!!!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support these liberal boycotted companies/and Avoid REI, MEC.

"As members of Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC), we call on MEC to immediately stop the sale of all Vista Outdoor brands. This Utah-based corporation is the owner of Savage Arms, one of the leading producers of semi-automatic weapons in the United States. 

Vista Outdoor brands for sale at MEC include: CamelBak, Giro, Bushnell, Bollé, Camp Chef, and Jimmy Styks." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2018 at 7:16 AM, HeavyDuty said:

It may not happen in my life time but the truth is the 2nd amendment will fall the youth of today are being conditioned for it and are only to eager to throw  away their freedoms it's only a matter of time.

this subject is not new.  it is centuries old.  none of you complained after 911 when the patriot act stripped away many of your rights.  such as privacy.  just because you like guns and feel threatened now, you want to do something about it.  ironic.

btw, it has been argued for decades that the 2nd amendment was not guaranteeing the public can own and keep guns.  it's been misinterpreted.  you can argue with me all you want but scholars and historians disagree with the NRA's interpretation of the 2nd.  

you guys should be more concerned about governments like the one in georgia imposing tax increases on Delta for not honoring discounts to NRA members.  how is this even legal?  the NRA is not a gov entity and should have no sway of tax penalties. 

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bubba said:

Folks love to bash H-D's, but they're no better or worse than any other motorcycle.

They're big, heavy, expensive cruisers that do a credible job of doing what they were designed to do.

I'd prolly have one in my bike stable if my wallet and my garage were up-sized.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia LOL. Good luck getting in, my sister went through that and had to have 6? months of living expenses in the bank, had to get a bunch of shots, and the wait was significant. Maybe they're full of Americans?

Their healthcare has its ups and downs. Some simple things have a 6 month wait where we can go to a clinic at Kroger here and be done in a few minutes. My Australian bro had to put off a long trip to Indochina because their healthcare system wouldn't do some weird surgery on a pinched artery or ? until it became super critical, which happened a few months later.

 

Banning of guns, LOL good luck with that. You'll still be able to get guns here long after motorcycles are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...