Finally applied for my CCW

Howabusa

I went this morning and applied for my CCW. I took the course almost 3 years ago. Only had another month and then I would have had to take the course again. I was hoping that Ohio would do the constitutional carry thing. So my fingerprints are now in the system. I had managed to avoid that.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I gotta renew mine this month. Athens county is super easy. They do the photo and everything at the sheriff's department.

I did mine in Wyandot county. They took the photo and it was ready in 2 weeks.

I renewed mine not too long ago.

17 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

When I first got my permit I didn't carry too much.  These days I carry almost everywhere except for when I'm at work.  I'd carry there too if I could.

My work doesn't allow firearms on it's property. I've been meaning to ask HR about the new law that passed (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/03/ohio_gun_law_changes_take_effe.html)

Don't really want to stir the pot though and get myself labeled lol.

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I renewed mine not too long ago.

My work doesn't allow firearms on it's property. I've been meaning to ask HR about the new law that passed (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/03/ohio_gun_law_changes_take_effe.html)

Don't really want to stir the pot though and get myself labeled lol.

No need to stir the pot, you can just do it and not tell anyone. They can not prohibit it, however they can write a new rule that says you have to tell them you are doing it if you bring it up. So if you are going to do it, keep quiet but be aware Ohio is an at will state. So they can fire you for any reason at all. But if they specifically say they are firing you for the gun in your car you will win that lawsuit in a heartbeat. But if they fire you because of the gun, but never mention the gun and say it's because we don't like you...you are SOL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

Shit I think I was supposed to renew like 2 years ago.

Wonder if I can still renew or if I have to start all over again

If you still have the expired card you can renew with it.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Ohio is an at will state. 

I was just arguing with some friends last week about if pot became legalized, they said their companies cant fire them (all live and work in Ohio, an AT WILL employment state). I'm like, the hell they can't, they could fire you today because of your haircut. Dumbest argument ever.

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I was just arguing with some friends last week about if pot became legalized, they said their companies cant fire them (all live and work in Ohio, an AT WILL employment state). I'm like, the hell they can't, they could fire you today because of your haircut. Dumbest argument ever.

You need smarter friends. No, I won't be your friend.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

If you're 2 years expired either you never carry and have no need to renew, or you carry illegally and don't care, in which case why bother renewing now? Lol

Because Brian wants to spend his money on everything besides motorcycles. :lol:

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

If you're 2 years expired either you never carry and have no need to renew, or you carry illegally and don't care, in which case why bother renewing now? Lol

Last two places I worked I couldn't carry and ended up selling my favorite carry gun since I wasn't. New office is leased and owned by a very pro-gun guy that put up signs for a gun friendly zone so I would like to get another carry gun as my reward for a recent promotion