Which sport tourer is best sport tourer?

Gixxus Christ!

22 hours ago, Pokey said:

You likely haven't ridden a recent or modern ADV machine, they are nothing like the old Strom you sold me....neither are the latest Stroms. The new Multistrada and KTM1290 will keep up with and possibly take many supersports on the pavement, and then hit the gravel and hardpack roads "or worse" after handing out the beating. I could never get comfy on the C14, but it obviously is working very well for you. :)

After coming off of sporty bikes ...VFR, R6, CBR1100blackbird, FJR, etc, I would fully agree, and add that my giant 1200GSA is fun to chase sportbikes with, if a bit much to toss from side to side.  Then sit back, press the suspension soft mode button, hit the cruise and it becomes a highway machine.  Then pull off onto a gravel road, press the "enduro" mode, stand up, and suddenly you're dual-sporting.  And I can continue that for nearly 300 miles before needing gas!

Edited by Qman
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qman said:

After coming off of sporty bikes ...VFR, R6, CBR1100blackbird, FJR, etc, I would fully agree, and add that my giant 1200GSA is fun to chase sportbikes with, if a bit much to toss from side to side.  Then sit back, press the suspension soft mode button, hit the cruise and it becomes a highway machine.  Then pull off onto a gravel road, press the "enduro" mode, stand up, and suddenly you're dual-sporting.  And I can continue that for nearly 300 miles before needing gas!

Yes indeed....and THAT is exactly why I love these big ADV machines, so much like a Swiss Army Knife machine. I know they aren't for everyone, but the forum I am on is full of "ex" sportbike owners and "ex" cruiser/bagger owners. What year is your 1200GS, and is it the Adventure?

2 hours ago, Pokey said:

Yes indeed....and THAT is exactly why I love these big ADV machines, so much like a Swiss Army Knife machine. I know they aren't for everyone, but the forum I am on is full of "ex" sportbike owners and "ex" cruiser/bagger owners. What year is your 1200GS, and is it the Adventure?

2015 GSA.  Of What forum do you speak?

20 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

A pez dispenser makes my peepee look bigger. My wife married me for my personality....

i was sipping beer when I read this... You made me pass half a mouthful of brew threw my nose.... (funny as hell...:lol:)

Edited by mello dude

4 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

And just like that it's turned into adv mutual masturbation thread. 

Yeah my bad....I forget this is primarily a sport bike forum and most members don't even leave Ohio, which is why I rarely frequent here any more. Good luck with your unicorn bike, keep an open mind.

Edited by Pokey
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Pokey said:

Yeah my bad....I forget this is primarily a sport bike forum and most members don't even leave Ohio, which is why I rarely frequent here any more. Good luck with your unicorn bike, keep an open mind.

Only parts of the forum trailer.  There are people on here that still actually ride.  Here is a picture of my Sprint ST when I rode it out to Eureka Springs Arkansas and back.  We stopped at Bull Shoals for a break and a buddy got a cool picture of me.

IMG_1207.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pokey said:

Drunk posting?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pokey said:

badass.jpg.b1db49b4f53f360695fa586426f5dbcc.jpg

Unicorn bike? It's  not as if I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. I'm looking for the right sport tourer for me. I don't have any interest in adv bikes, so not looking for one. Excuse me for trying to keep the thread I started on topic. 

• Like 1

If you don't ride the same bike as pokey and ride it the same way, then you must be doing it wrong.

Honestly, a GS is a fine bike for what it is, but it wouldn't crack my top 20 bikes I want to own.  It wouldn't be the top adv bike, or even the top BMW.  Sorry.

26 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Unicorn bike? It's  not as if I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. I'm looking for the right sport tourer for me. I don't have any interest in adv bikes, so not looking for one. Excuse me for trying to keep the thread I started on topic. 

GSX-S1000F?

Edited by zx3vfr

27 minutes ago, blue72beetle said:

Suzuki fanboy here says yes. I love mine.

Then you should let me take it for a spin. Only drawback I see is no factory luggage option, but if I love the bike enough to buy it I can slap some fabric saddle bags on it and use my tank bag. Maintenance has got to be easier compared to the vfr1200 and it weighs like 150 lbs less with the same power to the wheel. Not many of them out there used tho, so I'd be dropping $8500 for a new 2016 model from a stealership.

3 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Then you should let me take it for a spin. Only drawback I see is no factory luggage option, but if I love the bike enough to buy it I can slap some fabric saddle bags on it and use my tank bag. Maintenance has got to be easier compared to the vfr1200 and it weighs like 150 lbs less with the same power to the wheel. Not many of them out there used tho, so I'd be dropping $8500 for a new 2016 model from a stealership.

Very likely will be adding to the garage, been on my list for a while since I rode one 2 years ago........bad bad ass, so fast and smooth. With Givi ST601 pannier system.......not cheap but looks like made for this bike and they are very well built.

maxresdefault.jpg