Which sport tourer is best sport tourer?

Gixxus Christ!

4 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

New they were 15999, bags were another 1600...and that was in 2010.  That definitely limited sales.

My insurance is 220/year through state farm.

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Must be nice...:nono: I pay almost that a month for 2 bikes and a car.

2 hours ago, durk said:

Is that full coverage?

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Yep.  I'm 45, but my rates have been about the same for the past 10 years.

Being old fuckers has its advantages, we pay $180 a year for 2 bikes and 2 riders full coverage :lol: 

49 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Dont care for the strom. Ugly as fuck.

I think the connie, vfr and fjr are kind of ugly too but that's not what I base my bike selection on. I wouldn't own another adventure bike either, just wasn't my thing. 

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I think the connie, vfr and fjr are kind of ugly too but that's not what I base my bike selection on. I wouldn't own another adventure bike either, just wasn't my thing. 

Agreed, but still have some design appeal.  The C14 and FJR are porkier compared to the VFR and Sprint sized ST bikes, plus the added weight make the smaller ST's an easier transition from sport to tour, imo.  When I shopped, the heft of the C14 and FJR were big factors for me...plus I wanted anti-inline4.  Triples, V4s, and twins were something I'd never owned before.

Budget was my primary decider, just couldn't spend big money like that this time around...so the Triumph was my best compromise option

31 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Being old fuckers has its advantages, we pay $180 a year for 2 bikes and 2 riders full coverage :lol: 

I’m 41. The F4i was cheap to insure, the 600rr was a bump, 1000rr was a big bump. Therefore I dropped collision on it and I think I’m about even now. I insure the 1000rr and 2 sport quads for a little over $400 a year.

Old Man, Clean Record

USAA

2013 KAWASAKI ZR1000 / Z1000

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability:

$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
$50,000 each accident

Medical Payments:

No Coverage

Enhanced Injury Protection:

No Coverage

Comprehensive:

$250 deductible

Collision:

$250 deductible

Included with Comprehensive and (if purchased)
Collision:

Disappearing Deductibles

Uninsured Motorist Property Damage:

No Coverage

Roadside Assistance:

Selected with Trip Interruption

Carried Contents®:

No Coverage

Accessory coverage:

$3,000 (included)

Total rate for this vehicle:

$299.00 Per Year

16 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Old Man, Clean Record

USAA

$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
$50,000 each accident

Medical Payments:

No Coverage

No Coverage

Comprehensive:

$250 deductible

Collision:

$250 deductible

Collision:

Disappearing Deductibles

No Coverage

Roadside Assistance:

Carried Contents®:

No Coverage

Accessory coverage:

$3,000 (included)

$299.00 Per Year

Yeah I'm at about $46/mo ($23 for each bike) for full coverage on both the Street Triple and the CBR1k - through USAA/Progressive (USAA farms their motorcycle insurance out to Progressive).

As long as it isn't a squid bike I think rates stay pretty low. 

Edited by what

10 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Old Man, Clean Record

USAA

$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
$50,000 each accident

Medical Payments:

No Coverage

No Coverage

Comprehensive:

$250 deductible

Collision:

$250 deductible

Collision:

Disappearing Deductibles

No Coverage

Roadside Assistance:

Carried Contents®:

No Coverage

Accessory coverage:

$3,000 (included)

$299.00 Per Year

As a licensed insurance professional for the state of Ohio I highly recommended medical payments get added to your policy. Unless you have health insurance with no deductibles or out of pocket expense. 

It  may be advisable to get uninsured/under insured motorist added to your policies.  Both of my parents have been hit while riding, and both of the drivers had state minimum liability insurance coverage.  Both of my parents needed their insurance policies to cover their medical bills and motorcycle losses (above the state minimum limits).

2 hours ago, Connie14 said:

It  may be advisable to get uninsured/under insured motorist added to your policies.  Both of my parents have been hit while riding, and both of the drivers had state minimum liability insurance coverage.  Both of my parents needed their insurance policies to cover their medical bills and motorcycle losses (above the state minimum limits).

It’s on there progressive lists it as a shared coverage and is further up the page. 

On 2/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, 2talltim said:

You likely haven't ridden a recent or modern ADV machine, they are nothing like the old Strom you sold me....neither are the latest Stroms. The new Multistrada and KTM1290 will keep up with and possibly take many supersports on the pavement, and then hit the gravel and hardpack roads "or worse" after handing out the beating. I could never get comfy on the C14, but it obviously is working very well for you. :)

21 minutes ago, Pokey said:

You likely haven't ridden a recent or modern ADV machine, they are nothing like the old Strom you sold me....neither are the latest Stroms. The new Multistrada and KTM1290 will keep up with and possibly take many supersports on the pavement, and then hit the gravel and hardpack roads "or worse" after handing out the beating. I could never get comfy on the C14, but it obviously is working very well for you. :)

Kinda have to agree with Pokey on this one.  My Multistrada 1200 with the right rider would keep up with superbikes and no problems staying in front of the 600-800cc crowd.  It is as good of a sport-touring bike as any I have owned or ridden even if shoe-horned into the ADV category. Granted the price isn't going to win over as many people as the Japanese options but I certainly don't regret buying it.

• Like 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

That year is not bad. I'd ride it. Its the body style before that, that is ugly as fuck.

Ha no argument from me, the V-Stroms have come a long way and are extremely refined and damn quick motorcycles. The latest 1000 even has cornering ABS, and was their first model to also have traction control modes. Yeah I am a fan, have yet to find another bike which can scratch all my itches so well. I have the 650 currently, love it to death but will have a new Super Tenere in the garage in the near future. :)

4 hours ago, Pokey said:

Helluva bike, and how can you think this is ugly?

8466-v-strom-1000-2018-3.jpg

Yeah, haven't seen this one, was referring to the previous uggers. Still not interested in adv style, prefer street style for commute, weekends and track day. This is the best I've seen a dl look tho.

• Like 1

Most of us will never ride to our bikes full potential no matter what you ride. So get what you think looks and or feel good and just log miles. Or just get what ever makes your peepee look bigger and go.

Edited by 2talltim