POSTPONED TO SUNDAY May-20 (Weather): 2018 Spring Epic Ride (AL-Z-Heimer Memorial Ride) - May 19, 2018

DerekClouser

2 hours ago, Connie14 said:

It is possible to have kids and enjoy motorcycling.  I don't ride like I used to.  While I don't blame anyone for not riding while they have little kids, it is possible to have both.  I couldn't make it to the Epic Ride, because of a promise to my kids.

20180520_094532.jpg

Are those ALL your kids??  I think Tim should teach you a thing or two about pulling out.  You've got your hands full! lol

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Are those ALL your kids??  I think Tim should teach you a thing or two about pulling out.  You've got your hands full! lol

The 3 girls (with goggles on) are my daughters. The boy is my buddy's son.  My pullout game was strong 20 to 25 years ago.  It diminished with time. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

This is what i miss the most. Even if i couldnt ride whole day i always tried to come out and see everyone and refresh the memories and faces and was best part of the ride for me. Being in these pics were the closesnt thing to family photo for me every year since i got no family here. Glad you all had great weather and ride. @DerekClouser  plz dont stop, i hope you keep going at least until you find some one as passionate and crazy to take over the tough/worst/fun part of organizing these in future. I tried to give you a break last year but i just dont have it in me any more i think. 

@TimTheAzn @max power  its not that i dont like to ride, but the smiles per miles are drastically reduced. My little one is old enough to come running to me and give me a hug before i suit up and leave nowadays and that kinda takes me on big guilt trip thinking IF i am gonna be back and see him. I tried different styles of riding road adv / heavy sport touring etc but all bikes i ended up doing stupid stuff lol.   Wish i had enough mind and time to try real adv riding dirt road riding which would have been perfect. 

anyways i am pretty sure 75-80% of folks here had gone through this phase with their little ones one point of time and as soon as they are old enough and you stop being there hero and center of life, u come right back to square one with 2 wheels to carve some corners around it :D 

NinjaDoc, I had a 1981 750 Honda for years when my (3) kids were growing up and maybe put 500 miles on a year. In the back of my mind I knew I would get a chance to ride again and have that feeling again..... it's in your blood. I traveled the country watching my kids play sports in high school and college. In 2007 my youngest told me he was not going to play college ball, I turned to my wife and said; "I'm buying a new bike".  Since 2007 I have bought a 2005 FZ1 (Totaled), 2006 FZ1, 2008 FZ1, 2014 Kaw Ninja 1000 and 2017 FZ10. Doc, when you have the time you will allow yourself the time to ride. I believe it's in your blood, you currently have responsibilities with this phase of your life that will be worth the sacrifice, kids are worth it! You can pick up your passion later and enjoy bikes just as much. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1