POSTPONED TO SUNDAY May-20 (Weather): 2018 Spring Epic Ride (AL-Z-Heimer Memorial Ride) - May 19, 2018

DerekClouser

It was nice meeting and riding with you guys today, had an awesome ride. Looking forward to riding with you all again on the gap trip. Thanks for the food and drinks and the hospitality. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, max power said:

Dunno.  We went 78 w to 377-550-Marietta -26-260-78-McConnelsville, I think.  

Did my group pass a snake coiled up in the road or did I hallucinate?

Two of them. Monsters. 

33 minutes ago, max power said:

One was dead and the other was crossing the road. The live one I just missed his tail.

6 hours ago, max power said:

Yea that’s the way I went too because that was backwards of the route posted lol. 

9 hours ago, max power said:

Ya I saw 1 that was dead and it was huge. Wasn’t sure if I passed a second one or a tire tread but damn. 

10 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

_MG_8188

This is what i miss the most. Even if i couldnt ride whole day i always tried to come out and see everyone and refresh the memories and faces and was best part of the ride for me. Being in these pics were the closesnt thing to family photo for me every year since i got no family here. Glad you all had great weather and ride. @DerekClouser  plz dont stop, i hope you keep going at least until you find some one as passionate and crazy to take over the tough/worst/fun part of organizing these in future. I tried to give you a break last year but i just dont have it in me any more i think. 

@TimTheAzn @max power  its not that i dont like to ride, but the smiles per miles are drastically reduced. My little one is old enough to come running to me and give me a hug before i suit up and leave nowadays and that kinda takes me on big guilt trip thinking IF i am gonna be back and see him. I tried different styles of riding road adv / heavy sport touring etc but all bikes i ended up doing stupid stuff lol.   Wish i had enough mind and time to try real adv riding dirt road riding which would have been perfect. 

anyways i am pretty sure 75-80% of folks here had gone through this phase with their little ones one point of time and as soon as they are old enough and you stop being there hero and center of life, u come right back to square one with 2 wheels to carve some corners around it :D 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

anyways i am pretty sure 75-80% of folks here had gone through this phase with their little ones one point of time and as soon as they are old enough and you stop being there hero and center of life, u come right back to square one with 2 wheels to carve some corners around it :D 

Yep, I got off until my son was out of the house.

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Yep, I got off until my son was out of the house.

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Upped my life insurance and dialed back the speed. 

I pull out. :dunno:

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1