POSTPONED TO SUNDAY May-20 (Weather): 2018 Spring Epic Ride (AL-Z-Heimer Memorial Ride) - May 19, 2018

DerekClouser

2 hours ago, nebbish said:

Hey @Casper and @marlboro man is there room down at the end of the road your shack is on for me to park my toy hauler? I can go to a campground but, parking somewhere close by would be cheaper...

2 hours ago, Casper said:

It’s @marlboro man‘s shack. How big is it? 

There is plenty of room for it just nee d to find out if it's permitted. 

You do remember last weekend, when they called for 90% chance of rain both Saturday and Sunday and it was dry as a bone? You can't make rain out decisions more than 12 hours in advance, this time of year. You have to base it off of the existing radar.

Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Blitz said:

You do remember last weekend, when they called for 90% chance of rain both Saturday and Sunday and it was dry as a bone? You can't make rain out decisions more than 12 hours in advance, this time of year. You have to base it off of the existing radar.

Just my 2 cents. 

Normally I would agree... and if it was just rain, I'd consider it.  I've been watching it for the last week... It's only gotten worse on Saturday as the week went on and it's listing Thunderstorms all day.  

If you disagree with my decision to cancel, feel free to hop on your bike and go for a ride... But I'm not going to host an event and ask people to show with the risk of thunderstorms and rain the entire day.  Sunday was equally as bad as Saturday for most of the week, but as we approached today, it's gotten much better on Sunday which is why I postponed it to that day.  

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Just my 2 cents. 

That's why I'm heading down tonight and plan on riding all day if doesn't storm like crazy. 

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Normally I would agree... and if it was just rain, I'd consider it.  I've been watching it for the last week... It's only gotten worse on Saturday as the week went on and it's listing Thunderstorms all day.  

If you disagree with my decision to cancel, feel free to hop on your bike and go for a ride... But I'm not going to host an event and ask people to show with the risk of thunderstorms and rain the entire day.  Sunday was equally as bad as Saturday for most of the week, but as we approached today, it's gotten much better on Sunday which is why I postponed it to that day.  

I understand why you did what you did, made the call you made. And I know you have a tough job, and I don’t blame you.

I just have a hard time placing all decision making on some percentages that are impossible to interpret, and are consistently completely wrong.

Last weekend was a perfect example, at least in Central Ohio. Thunderstorms were called for all weekend with chances no less than 80-90%. And it didn’t rain a drop.

It may rain all day tomorrow, and be beautiful Sunday. Hopefully it is. I just think radar is a better predictor than Vegas style odds, and would make the call later. 

All good though.

2 hours ago, Travisty said:

Tempting, although the street legal bike I have right now is a Tiger 800. I can rail it, but it just isn't the same. 

You’ll have a ball on the Tiger. I wouldn’t worry about that at all. I’d expect a few cruisers, ADV bikes, etc. We break up into groups based on pace. It’s a blast. 

Won't be leading a group this year, wife is going to be with me...we have to be in Cleveland late afternoon so not enough time. So donuts and BS in the parking lot then we will blast off on our own.