New Guy...

Stolen 98

Lifting the tank allows you to tuck the main wire harnes up under the tank. It also provides more airflow around the engine, and giving it that old school flavor. 

You can see the plastic wire cover on the box behind the bike. It hung down between the “backbone” and engine. 

Exhaust does not sit on the peg. 

On 2/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, Stolen 98 said:

A couple friends have discouraged me from the Bolt and Vulcan S due to their lack of power 60hp 41tq... A friend strongly suggested getting a Harley 1200 sportster/nightster...so I'm in the market for one.

I really like customizing things... Guns/Trucks/Mustangs ETC.

Welcome  

I would get  A  Honda Nighthawk 450 If you’ve never rode a moped

Edited by marlboro man

13 hours ago, Stolen 98 said:

Just a quick update here....

I passed my basic riders course and now have my endorsement.

I bought a 2016 Sportster 48 with 50miles on it.

So far--- I've installed V&H Short Shots, V&H FP3, 2in tank lift, coil and ignition relocation and LED headlight. The bike now has 82 miles. LOL

Sportster 48.jpg

I wonder about tucking  when Riding with that tank But at least the bike run cooler and The gas will stay cooler

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Qman said:

Cooling the gas will make a denser charge, thereby making more power!!!:easy_button:

Honestly i didn’t know or think about that. But makes sense. I manly did it to clean up the look and make it a little different here are before and after pics

E228FD97-15D9-44E1-A266-DE3FE5C6D1A1.png

2D765F11-3689-4FE7-93FF-6481317BE033.png

5 hours ago, Stolen 98 said:

Honestly i didn’t know or think about that. But makes sense. I manly did it to clean up the look and make it a little different here are before and after pics

That, my friend was PURE sarcasm!   However, raising the gas tank will add fuel pressure and enrich the air/fuel mixture....and make more power!  :facepalm:

Edited by Qman

• 2 weeks later...