Columbus GoKarts 2/24 - Cancelled

what

@jacobhawkins and I are now organizing a monthly Kart meet up during winter-sad-season. 

The Plan:

• Meet at GPK Columbus at 2pm on Saturday, 2/24
  • I will be purchasing the 3-race package ($60), everyone else is free to do what they want
  • We should be done with karts by around 5PM. At this time we will head to the Columbus Brewing Company Restaurant for food and drinks - I will make reservations once we have a solid number of people planning to attend (the cost of all food/drink/kart tickets are each individual's responsibility)

Post up if you'd like to attend. Friends and family are welcome... they have mini-karts for little kids (toddler age). 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, what said:

Just a note - I decided to do a Saturday this time so we would be on the normal track layout. I want to see if we can get some more close racing/overtaking within our group on the shorter track. 

I raced on both definitely prefer the long track. That short bastard is a death trap!

Most likely in!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Yeah I saw that, it looks fun if the karts there are fast. I bet they put slow shitty karts on it though due to all the corners and the rollers coming down the hill. 

@cmh_sprint if you can, at some point go here http://www.realmasse.com/Contact.php?lg=2

We used to go up there every winter when I was younger. You can do different 400 mile loops every day. The trails are all in great shape and half of them are closed down 40 foot wide logging roads that they keep groomed smoother than silk. There are technically speed limits but really the only limit was pinging the rev limiter on my Mach Z. 

Oh, and they have badass moose ribs in their restaurant. Since it's a hunting and fishing lodge in the warm months, they stockpile game meat that people don't want to keep and serve it all winter long. 

Edited by what

15 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Come on down Tim, stop at Pony or something moto related if that's what it takes.

To put my hate of that drive in perspective. I could get laid 100% every time I come down to Columbus, and I still don't make that drive.

• Haha 1