MotoAmerica Pittsburgh Round

TimTheAzn

Date: August 24-26

Went last year and camped and had a great time. Anyone thinking of going this year? I feel this year is going to be "bigger" than the last.

I'll probably get there early as shit Friday morning to pick out my camping spot and setup my EZUp on top of the hill. (Wasn't sure they'd let me do that last year so I took mine down, only to see about 20 of them up on spectator hill on Saturday morning.)

1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

I'll be there, trying to talk the wife in to camping.

You have a toy hauler, bring the toy hauler.

1 hour ago, what said:

I'm going. I'll see if I can get an EZUp too, we can create a tent village just like in LA. We'll probably smell about the same as the LA inhabitants too by the end of the weekend. 

Last year's setup wasnt bad. I'm going to try and get there earlier for a better spot.

11 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

Might be in for this.   Planning to race OMRL as much as I can this season, and at the very least I'd like to ride their practice day on the kartway

Bring the mini, we'll setup our own track in the grass somewhere and see how long it takes for them to tell us to stop. :lol:

10 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Bring the mini, we'll setup our own track in the grass somewhere and see how long it takes for them to tell us to stop. :lol:

Oh, I'll bring the race bike.....but it's no mini :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bowdog said:

I would definitely like to say I am in for this, all depends on how the summer goes but plans would be to pull the camper down Friday and spend the weekend.

Do ettttt.

42 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Either be there or nc bike im sure.

Will try to talk the family into staying in the camper. 

If yall are trekking down for a 3 day NC bike trip, I'm riding, not watching others ride :lol:.

• 6 months later...

I will be at Motoamerica in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday, wanted to see who else is coming to the races and when you will be there. Maybe we can get together on Saturday for an OR dinner.  Probably be watching near the main grandstand area. 

36 minutes ago, what said:

I'll be getting there early-ish Friday, probably between 10am and noon. The plan is to camp all weekend. Will have the minimoto with me as well. 

GoKart racing will happen.

so everyone should probably bring a helmet with them that wants to go kart

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I want to gokart. How many dollars?

The site says $20/session with each session being 10 minutes - so pretty much on par with every other karting place.

Will have to see how pricing is when I get there. 

so everyone should probably bring a helmet with them that wants to go kart

Unless you like head lice. 

Edited by what

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

This is the kart track on site, or another gokart specific place somewhere nearby?

The one on-site. It was open last year during the race weekend so I'm assuming it will be open this year too. I can call and find out for sure I guess.

The kart track is pretty damn nice. I wasn't able to race the PIRC round this year with omrl but everybody loves that track. 

Update*

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 11.57.48 AM.png

Edited by what

9 minutes ago, jbot said:

confirmed that go-karts are open as long as you're attending races

hope you bitches are ready to get rekt

OR Asian Contingent vs.

Also, we from the asian delegation select @TRMN8TR to be an honorary asian this weekend as well.

Someone else put together a 3 man team to get punished. :banana:

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1