No More Excuses

Howabusa

Just do it.Fuck the money,if your health holds out you can always make more money.If your health doesn't hold out it isn't going to matter anyway.You've got the right bike for it...I 've been out there 3 times on FJRs.It's not that expensive if you camp and you'll meet a lot of Interesting people in campgrounds.Speaking of camping...reserve site 44 in Samual P Taylor S.P. in Oleama for a night or two,nothing like camping in the redwoods.You might as well do the Beartooth Pass on you're way out,it will keep you heading west anyways.Definitely ride highway 1 North out of San Francisco  at least to Urieka.The best motorcycle road in America!If you can ride the section just North of S.F. from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach early on a Sunday morning....not much traffic then,and that section is a blast if you can catch it without traffic!But damn near all of it is a blast and especially in the Ft Bragg area once you leave the ocean and go through the forest near Leggit.Just do it,you won't regret it.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Look at my routes that we plan out west. We are hitting a lot of the same stuff.

I saw that. We were out west in the Jeep and saw a lot. So, I am trying to hit some of the places me missed. The ultimate goal is the PCH. I have always heard how great it is. 

I highly recommend heading through the Ozarks of Missouri and Arkansas, and then making your way to New Mexico. NM is bar none the best riding I have ever done, the scenery and the roads are second to none, and they are also practically no traffic anywhere "that can be good or bad LOL". You must hit the Devils highway in Arizona, it makes the Tail of the Dragon seem pretty tame in comparison. There is no question that you MUST hit Colorado, once you visit there you'all understand why. Head out to the West coast from there, then head North and hit everything up there on the way back home. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, blue72beetle said:

In May of 2015 my girlfriend and I did this in two weeks. Experienced all four seasons, but it was awesome, wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

imageproxy.jpg

DO IT, my son and his then girlfriend, now his wife rode their bicycles from Akron to San Fran in 2011. What an experience. 

• Like 1