Victim Mentality and Stupid Choices

Kruse08

I have been watching quite a few motorcycling videos of angry people and road rage.  It is all from the perspective of moto vloggers or moto dash cams.  I am not sure why so many riders feel they are the victims when so many of the incidents can be avoided.  I know the camera tweaks the distance but the amount of anger which arises is not needed.  We all know that people make poor driving decisions which can cause accidents.  I feel that in many of the videos if the riders would pay closer attention to traffic and react most of the situation would not happen.  Here is just one video example. 

Just had a random thought and wanted to post it.

Most of these situations are completely avoidable and I saw what was going to happen before it ever did.  

#1 rule I tell any new rider I meet is to ride like you are invisible, nobody sees you, nobody looks for you, nobody knows you are there.  

Don't get me wrong most of these drivers were fucking idiots but as a rider you have to understand you will never win that battle.

• Beer 1

Just like this summer when I had a little mishap with a car in Vermont. I could have easily jumped down the womans throat for speeding and trying to kill me on my motorcycle. But in reality it was more my fault than hers. So I let her get her bitching out at me told her she was right and we agreed not to call the law. I think more because she probably didnt have a license or insurance but that's fine because the ticket would have been mine anyway. In the end I learned to pay attention more and have a little reminder on my bike or this lesson. 

Just think of those moments when you pull out in front of someone or didn't see someone or just did somthing wrong and created a near miss situation where you gave that "ops, sorry about that" wave. Think of those moments when you are on the receiving end of those situations. 

And if you say you have never done that, your lying. 

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Just like this summer when I had a little mishap with a car in Vermont. I could have easily jumped down the womans throat for speeding and trying to kill me on my motorcycle. But in reality it was more my fault than hers. So I let her get her bitching out at me told her she was right and we agreed not to call the law. I think more because she probably didnt have a license or insurance but that's fine because the ticket would have been mine anyway. In the end I learned to pay attention more and have a little reminder on my bike or this lesson. 

Just think of those moments when you pull out in front of someone or didn't see someone or just did somthing wrong and created a near miss situation where you gave that "ops, sorry about that" wave. Think of those moments when you are on the receiving end of those situations. 

And if you say you have never done that, your lying. 

When I get an apology wave I don't get upset... Just when they blatantly don't give a fuck or don't even realize is when I get upset... But I always let it go, shit like that is a daily occurrence, no use getting mad every time someone cuts me off on the bike... I just chalk it up as part of experience and pay extra attention 

• Like 1