Free Trackday July 2, 2018

TimTheAzn

On 1/30/2018 at 3:47 PM, amshort13 said:

I'm either 8.5 or 9 in boots; well I've never tried track type boots so I'm not exactly sure how they'll fit.  Do they run bigger or smaller and does it differ between brands? Thanx to the new tax changes I'm working on getting everything cleared by the BOSS, I'm already running into resistance just talking about getting it plated and insured soon. 

I have 8.5's that you can borrow. Sidi or puma, your choice 

Any more hats in the ring?

Can't wait. I lie in bed at night and imagine I'm on the Duke rippin' up MO.

I remember having a hard time thru the S-curves to enter the keyhole very well.  Mainly because I suck, but that keyhole corner puckered my sphincter, cuz it was bumpy and downhill.

And going over that hill after turn 11 into thunder valley was scary - the rear would break loose over the top, then the bike would wheelie down the hill!  Awesome.  Scary, but awesome!

Getting a chub...

Toss me on the list if you could!

Never been to a track day yet. Currently have a track bike being built and should be complete here in about a month. Aprilia framed, banshee powered 2 stroke. Would love to annoy the shit out of everybody with it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Rodehard said:

Any more hats in the ring?

Can't wait. I lie in bed at night and imagine I'm on the Duke rippin' up MO.

I remember having a hard time thru the S-curves to enter the keyhole very well.  Mainly because I suck, but that keyhole corner puckered my sphincter, cuz it was bumpy and downhill.

And going over that hill after turn 11 into thunder valley was scary - the rear would break loose over the top, then the bike would wheelie down the hill!  Awesome.  Scary, but awesome!

Getting a chub...

It's fun realizing that your front wheel has been off the ground while leaned over going over that hill. lol... 

Edited by what

On 2/9/2018 at 10:59 PM, wolfeman28 said:

Currently have a track bike being built and should be complete here in about a month. Aprilia framed, banshee powered 2 stroke. Would love to annoy the shit out of everybody with it.

Oh we definitely need pictures of this!!

7 hours ago, bowdog said:

Oh we definitely need pictures of this!!

I'll try to get a belated 'build thread' going and toss up some photos. I had it mocked up a few weeks ago just to get an idea on some things. Had to tear everything back down as the frame needs some machining to fit the R6 swinger and shock.

new1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, amshort13 said:

Here's some pictures of my rear tire to see if I'm going to need to replace it for the track day. 

20180215_131745.jpg

20180215_131726.jpg

20180215_131806.jpg

20180215_131814.jpg

20180215_131835.jpg

Yes, I would, and look at that chain...  looks a little rusty to me.

Edited by jacobhawkins

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

The tire and chain both need replaced. And not with another dual sport Shinko

Already got brand new o-ring chain, just waiting to install; especially since I'll need a new tire. What suggestions for tires, it's a 2004 ninja 250. Thanx guys.