Free Trackday July 2, 2018

TimTheAzn

On 1/19/2018 at 9:34 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Ok guys and gals, we are going to do something for 1st and possibly 2nd timers (people who are new to track riding) the opportunity to do this day for free (in terms of track costs.)

Back in 2016 @RHill (Ryan Hill) offered me a Mid-Ohio gift certificate so I could come out and ride the track the same day he was there ( I was a little tight on money at that particular time). I accepted this gracious offer and was going to pay him back with another cert the following year. Unfortunately I was never able to repay Ryan as he unexpectedly passed away that October. I'm not sure if I've ever met someone with the passion this guy had for all things track days and motorcycles. He was the first one to lend a hand and wanted everyone to have a good time. He was a staple in the paddock and is missed immensely.

Since I was not able to pay him back, and I knew his passion for sharing his passion with other people., I am going to be giving away a Mid-Ohio gift certificate to a new track rider who would like to join us. I would prefer that person to be at least a member of OR since this is where details about this day will be posted etc. So if you had someone that was thinking about joining us for this epic day and is not a member, get them to sign up and post in here!

You will have to let me know if this is going to be your 1st or 2nd time on track and I will keep a list of names and will draw a random number to determine the winner.

No strings attached, and it's on the honor system in terms of how new you are to the track. I can't wait to get out there with you guys (since I wasn't able to ride at the OR day last year).

IMG_7152.JPG

Cert Giveaway List:

1. bowdog

2. JustinNck1

3. Killer_kaw

4. Wojo72

5. max_power

6. jhalls

7. Crazy Skull Crusher

Anthony Sciortino  please add me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, amshort13 said:

Hey Tim, when is the drawing? I'm still trying to find some boots. I've heard that leather over the ankle boots are ok for novice, is that true or do I need riding boots? 

What size shoe do you wear? I have an extra set of riding boots in a 11. Over the ankle is typically fine for novice, not sure about MidO rules though.

Edited by blue03636

6 minutes ago, amshort13 said:

Hey Tim, when is the drawing? I'm still trying to find some boots. I've heard that leather over the ankle boots are ok for novice, is that true or do I need riding boots? 

Not exactly sure when I'll cut that off. Sometime after I cut off the voting for the date.

24 minutes ago, amshort13 said:

My buddy rode his giant BMW last year at mid ohio and I know he didn't have full track boots.  Check the tech page I linked to in the second post of this thread for the requirements.  Borrow a real pair of boots or buy a set, it's a good excuse to get better gear for the steet! 

• Upvote 2

I'm either 8.5 or 9 in boots; well I've never tried track type boots so I'm not exactly sure how they'll fit.  Do they run bigger or smaller and does it differ between brands? Thanx to the new tax changes I'm working on getting everything cleared by the BOSS, I'm already running into resistance just talking about getting it plated and insured soon. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not exactly sure when I'll cut that off. Sometime after I cut off the voting for the date.

What is the date choices? Essentially it's not going to matter cuz if I win I'm going, as long as I'm top side of the grass!

14 minutes ago, amshort13 said:

I'm either 8.5 or 9 in boots; well I've never tried track type boots so I'm not exactly sure how they'll fit.  Do they run bigger or smaller and does it differ between brands? Thanx to the new tax changes I'm working on getting everything cleared by the BOSS, I'm already running into resistance just talking about getting it plated and insured soon. 

The depend on the brand. The Astar ones I have run a little big. I typically wear a 10.5 but a 10 fits me great in race boots.

41 minutes ago, amshort13 said:

What is the date choices? Essentially it's not going to matter cuz if I win I'm going, as long as I'm top side of the grass!

17 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

And you dont want to be in the grass, you want to be on the pavement!

I think he means as long as he's above ground...  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

You definitely have some time to think about the mistake you just made before hitting the ground. 

All I could think is, "why is it so quiet?" then I distinctly remember the sound of my Arai 2015 IOM TT LE scraping the ground :cry:. Need to mount that bad boy on my wall somewhere.

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

All I could think is, "why is it so quiet?" then I distinctly remember the sound of my Arai 2015 IOM TT LE scraping the ground :cry:. Need to mount that bad boy on my wall somewhere.

Ikea makes a case that works well. 

35 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10119206/

I need to pick one up as well. I have ryans helmet I have been saving and my old bell I can start with. Pretty sure they will fit in that model. 

Thats the one I just bought..... Damn you Dan!

31 minutes ago, jhalls said:

It's money well spent.

20180202_083710.jpg

Thanks for confirming the dimensions for me! :lol:, now I don't have to wait to pull the trigger when I get home.