Free Trackday July 2, 2018

TimTheAzn

18 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

That is why I ordered it lol. 

I can track my 690 easily, it just tops at 100 so it's not as much fun at Mid O or PIRC. It's better suited at Putnam. 

Its a beast on county roads though. That's the main reason I got it. 

The 790 is pretty close to the Street Triple power-wise. Should be good fun on the track. 

I only have one track day under my belt. But, I did bump to Intermediate. So I will consider myself ineligible. Really this was just a shameless plug to mention getting bumped to I after only one session.

Good luck to the winner! I intend to be there that day.

• Beer 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

I only have one track day under my belt. But, I did bump to Intermediate. So I will consider myself ineligible. Really this was just a shameless plug to mention getting bumped to I after only one session.

We've got a good I group this year. :) 

18 minutes ago, what said:

More people to pass. 

Passing and Novice when used to refer to a Mid-O track day do not belong in the same sentence. I was spoiled in N2 novice group. Outside passing allowed in designated corners, CR's giving wave bys. Its basically like Mid-O I group. I think I made it 3 sessions before the I bump at Mid O.

Edited by TimTheAzn

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Passing and Novice when used to refer to a Mid-O track day do not belong in the same sentence. I was spoiled in N2 novice group. Outside passing allowed in designated corners, CR's giving wave bys. Its basically like Mid-O I group. I think I made it 3 sessions before the I bump at Mid O.

I meant I group. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trackbikez said:

You don't realize how scary I group is until you get a shot at A group, but maybe being scared is half the fun for the really twisted riders?

:bicycle:

One day I'll move up to A and be able to know the serenity you all feel. Until then I'm happy passing as many people as possible in I. :>

On 1/24/2018 at 9:39 AM, Blitz said:

Bragger.:D

I'll be happy to not be the slowest in novice.  Second to slowest is a win for me!

On 1/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Things must have changed at MO since I was there almost 5 yrs ago.  We were allowed to pass on the back straight after the keyhole.  I passed some guys, and I got passed too.  We didn't have to stay in line behind the CR's.

Actually our last session of the day got red flagged - I was exiting the keyhole (slowly, cuz I'm slow), and 5 guys passed me on the inside exiting the corner.  I was able to stay with them thru the kink and heading into china beach, but was about 50yds back.  One of the guys lost the front, and swept two other guys into the sand.  I almost ran over the guy who lost the front, as he was rolling on the track - I could see his face, shield was knocked off his helmet.  He got a helicopter ride.  Maybe they tightened things up after that?

1 hour ago, Rodehard said:

Things must have changed at MO since I was there almost 5 yrs ago.  We were allowed to pass on the back straight after the keyhole.  I passed some guys, and I got passed too.  We didn't have to stay in line behind the CR's.

Actually our last session of the day got red flagged - I was exiting the keyhole (slowly, cuz I'm slow), and 5 guys passed me on the inside exiting the corner.  I was able to stay with them thru the kink and heading into china beach, but was about 50yds back.  One of the guys lost the front, and swept two other guys into the sand.  I almost ran over the guy who lost the front, as he was rolling on the track - I could see his face, shield was knocked off his helmet.  He got a helicopter ride.  Maybe they tightened things up after that?

Yeah, no passing in novice now unless it is initiated by a CR.

14 hours ago, Rodehard said:

Ok, I'm half afraid to ask, but what's up with the Oreos?  Everyone eat a bunch and smile for a group photo, or something more sinister:D

I think it started way back with Craig @blue03636....

But there is a term of "stuffing" someone into a turn, and someone had double stuf oreos.  And so comments and jokes had started and so it just became a tradition thing. But this was all before my time and how I understand it started. 

Last year @TRMN8TR and I had a double stuf endurance racing team with FB page. You never know where you might find an oreo... on your bike, in your exhaust, in your leather, go pro case etc..  

When we travel for a track weekend it really is an amazing time.... grilling and hanging out with everyone asking questions and telling stories about what happened on track that day. If anyone gets a chance to tag along for a long weekend I promise you wont regret it.   

FB_IMG_1516986444658.jpg

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 1