Free Trackday July 2, 2018

TimTheAzn

This is a great opportunity to come hang with good group of like minded motorcycle nuts.  Here is the main thread about the day.  No need to have a "track bike", if you get drawn out of the hat and have a street legal bike, it'll work just fine.  Tape a couple things up and you're good to go.  Can be done the morning of.  But I don't have leathers!  Not a problem, Mid-Ohio has rental leathers available and your own two piece textile suits are enough to pass tech on your first day.  Here is the official Mid-Ohio requirements page, nothing too out of the ordinary from most street gear for the Novice group.  It's loads of fun, can't wait to see you there.

Big thanks to Tim for organizing this day and for honoring Ryan in such a cool way.  

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Not sure how there arent more people getting in on this. 

I'd throw in, but I just joined the forum and I've already done one trackday, plus I already have my $200 stuck in my secret bike fun envelope well hidden from the misses.:)

If anyone on the forum is apprehensive about going, maybe thinking "I'm too slow", "I don't have a crotch rocket", whatever.  Guys, it just doesn't matter - it is a blast and no one cares how fast or slow you are!  Everyone just does their thing, and the coaches are great - they'll lead you around the track and show you the line.

It's definitely not a race in the Novice group.  No passing is allowed except on the back straight coming out of the keyhole.  Just hold your line and let the faster guys scoot by.

DO IT!  I promise you won't have any regrets, just awesome memories forever:banana:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rodehard said:

No passing is allowed except on the back straight coming out of the keyhole.  Just hold your line and let the faster guys scoot by.

To expand on this, the CRs/coaches control traffic while on the track. There's no passing like you see in races in novice. The slower group's CR will line them up and slow them down on the right side of the track and the faster group's coach will line their group up and pass on the left. 

With that said, novice will not feel slow unless you are comfortable riding beyond mach retard on the streets. There's fast on the street and then there's fast on the track. Track slow is still street fast. 

@jschaf got me started on the track with a track day cert as a birthday gift a couple years back. It's one of the best, if not the best birthday present I've ever gotten. Hopefully we can convert some other poor soul with this raffle :) 

Edited by what
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

What's this track day stuff you speak of? Sounds like something I'd like to try.  Sign me up :)

You are more than welcome to come to the OR day, I've heard you are a coach at Mid-O but I've yet to see ya there.

As for your name in the hat, that's a no go sir, you've had way more track time than my target audience. 

1 minute ago, max power said:

Awesome gesture Tim!

never done a track day yet, primarily because I didn't want to get addicted or chance wadding up my baby, but what the hell.  In!

@Tonik had all kinds of fun at the track on his FZ.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, max power said:

Awesome gesture Tim!

never done a track day yet, primarily because I didn't want to get addicted or chance wadding up my baby, but what the hell.  In!

I would actually like to get you to the track. You would love it and benefit from it big time. 

And you have a far greater chance of wadding it up on the street rides with me than you do at the track. 

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

I would actually like to get you to the track. You would love it and benefit from it big time. 

And you have a far greater chance of wadding it up on the street rides with me than you do at the track. 

All this track talk and the only track I've ever seen you at was for someone else's race. Gotta make it out for the OR day.